Introduction

It was 7 p.m and its rather cold outside. It's so chilly but i feel warm as well. This is damaging my equilibrium. I'm drinking coffee rather than hot chocolate which is a new thing, I don't even know or remember what am i doing here. Wait, where is 'here'? It seems to be snowing outside, since i am rather close to the windowsill and i faintly recall me smoking, because of the empty fading stench of the cigarette, and evidently i stare down and see an ashtray that had been recently used. Context clues told me it was me smoking since i don't sense the presence of anyone here, minus one person, the barista, but they are across the room. I look out again and sigh in discomfort because i still don't recall why the hell am i here. I start shutting my eyes slowly ever so slowly, until i heard that loud weary door creak and the chiming sound of the bells that reside on the top of the door woke me up. I look at the direction of the sound to inspect what's going on, and to my suprise, it was someone who I don't remember at all. I have such little memory, yes, but i know everyone in town, everyone knows me as well. So who is this girl? She is a petite and curvy woman, lightly dark skinned, black hair but not jet black, it's glistening though, she has such beautiful round eyes and such cute red lips. I look back away since i have stared for too long, but i felt as if my stalkerish tendencies has gotten me to something terrible. She's wearing high heels and since the floorboard is wooden, you can only imagine how loud the feedback of the heel hitting the wood sounds like. But it's strange, it sounds like it's getting louder? Is she walking towards me? I can sense a figure crawling close to me it gives me shivers down my spine and then i felt a tap on my shoulder. I froze, I don't know what to do. My only instinctive move was to turn and look at who tapped on my shoulder, evidently, i knew it was the beautiful woman.

Hello, could you help me find the University of Hiruzen?

Hm? That's the university i go to, second year in there. It's a heavily populated but competitively studious university that i chose to go to.

"Uh, yeah. It's actually to your right and keep walking, 'til you find that weird cathedral looking building, there you are, there's more to that one building than you think haha."

I'm very awkward, sigh, that's my downfall.

Thank you..I didn't get your name, what is it sir?

Hm, I didn't get her name either.

"Darren, Darren Kuzu. And yours, m'lady?"

Really man, m'lady? What kind of weirdo are you.

My name is Harume Irima Jorian. My full name is rather stupid I apologize for that, i hardly tell anybody my full name. But I don't know, i felt it was appropriate to tell you since you helped guide me to my new school-

"Ah, so you're new here, are you. Well welcome to the best but very populated university in Japan, pleasure to meet you, Harume. You're a freshman i take it, i can help you through the university if you wish. It's the best i can do."

Look at me jumping the gun and already asking her if she wants to walk around. I'm a gutsy person hah.

Uh..sure Mr. Kuzu sir, I wouldn't mind at all.

"It's okay, don't have to call me that, I'm no teacher, I'm a student taking my second year as we speak, I'm just reminiscing is all. Just call me Darren, Harume. Anyway let's go."

I get up and i see that she and i are closely the same height, i'm taller though. I disregard our physical features and pay the barista as he nods and continues to clean the cups. I walk out and hold the door for Harume. As she walks out, i notice the time is now 9 p.m and i tell Harume i needed to rest for the day and she nodded and smiled. She gave me her number and smiled and walked away without a word being told to me.

Harume..you have a nice name. I think out loud and walk to my dorm.