Chapter 4

Nicole's POV

I abruptly stand up coincidentally yelling in shock.

"What."

I yell but I quickly sit back down at the icy glare my mother gives me apologizing for my behavior.
Connor still standing slowly sits back down muttering an apology as his eyes connect with his mothers murderous glare. I look back up to my father as I urge him with my hand to elaborate understanding the gesture he continues.

   "Well around time your mothers conceived the 2 of you we got threatening notes to hand our company over to this secret underground party that wanted to invest in our companies in the beginning but we declined there offer seeing as the leader was Karl Milord a bad guy when it comes to business mess around with his money your gone we had heard of him so we declined his offer on investing in our company working our butts off to fund the our tech projects when we started making a name for ourselves up the ladder he swore revenge saying were the reason he went bankrupt the man was mad." My father finishes with an exasperated sigh.

   "But what does that have to do with the arranged marriage." Connor asks the question I'm also trying to figure out. His mother is the one to speak.

   "His revenge was to kill the both of you since you would be the heirs of the company. One day Evy and I were hanging out without your fathers we ordered pizza and the delivery boy was one of his minions he kidnapped us drugging us so we wouldn't know where we were but thankfully Jacob had a tracking/distress chip surgically put into Evelyn's shoulder she set it off and in 5 minutes the whole security squad was outside the warehouse with the cops and everything Karl threatened your father to stab us both in the womb killing you both, I'd never seen you father with a gun he pulled it out so fast shooting Karl square and Mr. Macho in the head before they could blink I was so scarred I didn't notice my water broke you were due in a week so it wasn't a big deal but that's how you came into the world with Nicole 4 days after because of the acts of bravery Liam did to save our lives they made a deal that they would group the companies together and it worked out perfectly because I had a boy and Evy had a girl." By the time she finished I had calmed down and I stopped thinking damn our parents are pretty bad-ass and kinda cool, but there's no way I'm telling them that to their face. But I don't want to give up my chair at being the future CEO of King Tech Industry's.

   "So I'd can't be the next CEO of the company." I try hard to hold back the tears but my daddy promised me I would be the next in line. I drop my head in my lap as I try to even out my breaths cursing the tightness in my throat. In the corner of my eye I see Connors hand inch Its way to my own interlocking his fingers in mine he gives my hand a comforting squeeze which melts my heart, but I still feel sad that I won't be able to continue what my father started.

   "Not at all we're just bringing them together you can both still independently own the company, but since the marriage is to bring the both of you together so will the companies." I look up at my father as the tears instantly vanish I'm smile so hard my cheeks must be touching at my forehead. My father laughs at my now joyous mood I look around to see everyone chuckle softly also, but only one stands out I turn to look at Connor as he stares at me with his lopsided grin that has my heart doing flips.

   "Well It's very late we and we must get going Nicole lets go." My mother tells me getting up from the couch along with my father. I frown not wanting to leave Connor when I just meet him. I try to object like a child but give up at my mothers stern look. I turn back to Connor who is sporting a frown of his own I give him an "well I tried" look. Giving me a sad smile we walk to the foyer to say our good bye's me and Connor a couple steps back for privacy and the fact that I'm trying to prolong the walk to the door.

   "I wish you didn't have to leave." He tells me making me smile again as I look up into his blue/green eyes.

   "Oh I can give you my number so we talk." I look for my phone in my pocket but can't seem to find were I put it then I remember I left it in the car. I grin sheepishly looking up at Connor as he turns on his phone waiting patiently for me to recite my number clearing my throat I tell him I left in the car he smirks down at me as I scratch the sides if my head.

   "I'll walk you to your car, come on." he says grabbing a hold of my hand. We walk around our parents going unnoticed as they talking animatedly between themselves. We reach my car which is right next to his I got it sent here after the while kid napping situation.

"How is my car here I left it at the party?" He questions with curiosity and confusion laced in his voice. I unlock the door with my key lifting up the scissor doors. Before explaining to him that I made a call to have it brought back to his place.

   I bend over my hand on the seat picking my phone only to find it plugged into the adapter I remove the adapter getting out the car I turn to a flustered Connor staring off in the distance.

   "Got my phone." I say smiling which brings his gaze back to me as his red cheeks burn a shade brighter. Why is he blushing I just got my- I basically gave him a 5 second show of my rear end mentally slapping myself I unlock my phone going to contacts adding a new contact I name him real quick and pass my phone to him as he passes his to me I type my info before looking at my contact             Name: Nicole. Well that's not special I change it quickly to
   "😍Future Wifey💯✔."

   "😘Future Hubby💯✔." He says I look up at him shyly to see a smirk on his face that has me getting hot my eyes focus on his luscious pink lips for a second to long as his smirk gets bigger and better. I look up into his eyes for the question I'm to ask giving him my 100 watt smile I tilt my head slightly.

   "You don't like it I thought it was spot on, but I'll change if you want." I watched him look back down at my phone in his hand then to my face shyly smiling as his neck turned red reaching his cheeks clearing his throat to answer my question.

   "I like it." he says looking down at me blushing even harder. I bit my lip to stop from smiling like the Cheshire cat attracting attention to my lips I watched his gaze fall to my lips. He slipped his tongue from his mouth licking his bottom lip. We were about a foot from each other slowly inching closer. The sound of our breaths the only thing I could hear. My hands went up to his chest slowly finding themselves at the back of his neck, I pulled him closer to me. His hands starting at my sides wrapped around my waist. He paused looking into my eyes asking for permission I gently smiled assuring him as I turned my head to the right he did the same. My eyes shut on their own accord, then our lips touched lightly at first just a sweet innocent peck but that kiss left me wanting more I guess Connor felt the same way as his hold on my waist tightened pulling me even closer to his chest that was covered by a thin fabric that let me feel his well toned body. Our lips connect again and his warm lips moved against mine. I moan breathlessly when he licked my lips. Damn he's got skills I think to myself as his tongue slips into my mouth exploring me I moan louder and tighten my arms around his neck trying to bring our faces closer. I sucked on his tongue a technique I learned when I was six from listening to my old daycare teachers conversations with her girlfriends over the phone. I mentally high-fived myself at the groan I heard from him. My lungs burned so I started to unravel my mouth from his releasing our lips as I took big gulps of the cold air into my empty lungs.

   "That was awesome." He breaths out. I giggle like a hormonal teenager agreeing with him wholeheartedly. Taking a step back I fix my shirt and hair and when that's was all done I hear my mother calling my name telling me to start my car so we can hit the road.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I hope you enjoy!