drop

"Popcorn or cotton candy?"

Jared made a face like a child disgusted by vegetables.

"You know i don't eat that stuff babe."

He half laughs, sliding his thick arm around your abdomen. And unlike the awkward tense chuckles he has been stifling all night, this one was genuine.

"I'll have a bag of cotton candy then, and he'll have a plain bag of kettle corn please. " You tell the vendor, ignoring Jared with a slight laugh.

The carnival was somewhat loud for the night time, causing you to shout this. You and Jared were surrounded by teens, and adults a little older then himself.

You were having a great time, but Jared was having a hard time fitting in with the other half of your double date.

You felt bad, but really didn't mind it since you hadn't seen your best friend Kelsey in a while.

Since he was an older occupied guy, he wasn't really into the sweaty crowds and meme jokes being brought into the conversation.

He was very sweet about it when you asked him so you promised reward him later on for making such an effort.

And boy, was Jared

After having a short brawl with your boyfriend, he handed a single bill to the vendor, insisting them to keep the change.

"I think I want that one." You decide, spotting a fuller fluffy bag of pink floss. You make a reach for it, and feel a wind, expose a flash of the bottom of your butt under your flowy dress.

Your cheeks heat red as you immediately flatten it, thankful Jared was close enough behind you to shield it from anyone.

You grab it, and adjust your self, while Jared accepts his treat. He has a resting smirk on his face, and your almost 100% sure you know why.

He takes your hand walking towards where Kelsey and Ryland sat, splitting a funnel cake.

You almost think he didn't see, so his response takes you off guard.

"Your driving me crazzzy." He discreetly squeezes a handful of one of your cheeks, and you giggle, clasping his hand into yours.

"I swear if you weren't behind me I would have died."

This jokey flirting vibe with you and Jared has been going on even before you made it official, and it most likely never was going to end for a while.  You didn't want it to end.

"What's so funny, love bunnies?" Kelsey smiles, as you and Jared take a seat across from them.

"Oh nothing." You shrug with a small smile, ripping open the plastic.

It took you a second to reply to what she said, admiring her external flawlessness.

Her chocolate brown bangs parted with perfect symmetry, and cascaded down the tan skin on her face.

Although she's been your friend for awhile, if not the greatest friend you've ever had, you couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy, and more insecure when you were around her.

You were never able to have that little charm with everyone you met, get your teeth to her shade of white, or that slim figure that allowed her to have on her current out fit, with out a bra, and it looking classy.