The Beast/Man

Out of the shadows crept a man with the head of a dog. The man bared his fangs menacingly.

Maybe he's friendly. Credence thought meekly.

The man roared and attacked Newt, and that thought went out the window.

Newt grabbed onto its snout and began to wrestle with it. The man yanked out a sword and swung it at Newt, who ducked. Newt's wand went rolling across the floor to Credence's feet. The man snapped at Newt and swung his sword at him.Newt ducked, which he was finding increasingly difficult. Credence yanked out his own wand and shouted, "Expecto Patronum!"

A snow fox leapt from his wand and dashed forward. The man howled with agony as the fox attacked him, knocking him to the ground. The man fell unconscious. The snow fox turned to stare at Credence. It blinked before leaping away gracefully and vanishing.

Newt panted as he picked up his wand. "Thanks for the help." He stared at Credence curiously. "What?" Credence asked hesitantly. "Your patronus was a snow fox?" Newt asked. "Well, it used to be a bear," Credence said. "Why would you ask?"

Newt sighed. "Caoimhe's patronus was a snow fox."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They came across a door again, except there was no riddle. Newt just simply ran his wand along the door, and it melted away.

A glowing blue flower sat in the dark room, particles of blue light dancing around it. Credence heaved a sigh of relief. They had found it.

Newt plucked off a petal and crushed it in his hand. When he opened his palm, a glowing silver sticky liquid was on his palm. He waved his wand, and a vial appeared out of thin air. He scraped the liquid off his palm and into the vial.

They had done it. They had found the cure.

They could save Caoimhe.

But the real question was, would she be able to wake from her sleep?