XXV // CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

I decided not to go to school today. 

I have a doctor's appointment at 11 a.m. Then I'll go to Rose's house. She wants a sleepover, so, she's getting one.

I texted Phoenix earlier this morning, telling him not to pick me up today because I have the flu. He didn't reply.

I didn't think about it much, so I brushed it off and went to get ready for the appointment.

Soon enough, while I was leaving my house with my mom to go to the hospital, I found a huge teddy bear that had chocolates and roses on it, sitting on my doorstep.

'I hope you feel better soon, I would've come and paid you a visit but I'm 30 minutes late to school. Get well soon, sugar. xx

- That one hot guy you hang out with.'

I was a blushing mess. No one has ever done something like this to me. To think about how he went out of his way just to get me, a big fat liar, flowers and chocolates because they have a fake flu.. 

I really need to tell him before this gets worse. 

Even my mom told me the same, "Honey, he doesn't know, doesn't he?" 

"No, mom.. I couldn't tell him" I said, looking at the teddy bear.

"He's falling for you, Violet, hard. You have to tell him before he finds out from someone somehow" She said, grabbing the bear and the other things, putting them inside.

'Before he finds out from someone.'

I don't think anyone understands how hard it is, I need some time before I tell him.

But you took enough time.

I shook my head, and went to the car. I will tell him, but I just don't know when.

My mom locked the front door and eventually got in the car, and then started driving to the hospital. 

I was staring at the window listening to the sweet calm song that was playing on the radio, it was slightly raining and a bit cloudy and cold. My favourite.

♣︎Dylan Robinson's POV♣︎

Today at lunch, Phoenix was staring into nothing and smiling to himself. 

I bet he was thinking about Violet. I don't know whether it was creepy or cute, but I do know that it's way different from the Phoenix I knew.

"Dude, you're okay?" Asher asked nudging Phoenix's shoulder. "I'm perfect" He replied, still smiling.

"Okay, what happened with Violet today, lover boy?" I asked, completely sure that this is all about her.

"She's sick" 

My heart dropped.

 Asher dropped his burger, Rose completely ignored the fact that her nail polish was now on the floor, and Nathan was wide eyed. 

But then again, why is Phoenix smiling?

"I'm sorry, Phoenix. We all should've told you.."  I started, feeling guilty. "Huh?" He asked.

"We knew, but we didn't tell you because it wasn't our place to do so" Asher explained. 

"Guys, it's just the flu, why are you all making a huge deal out of it?" Phoenix said, then laughed. 

"Huh?" It was Rose's turn now to say that.

"She texted me this morning and told me that she has the flu, guess what I did? I bought this huge teddy bear and some chocolates and flowers, and put them on her doorstep. I bet it'll get her to like me back" Phoenix said proudly.