1 ➼ part one

becoming a photographer runs in dinah's family. her father, her mother, her grandmother, her great-grandfather, they were all one of the best photographers in the world. 

it's dinah's dream to become a photographer. she's had a camera in her hand since she was the ripe age of three. her family wants her to become the best photographer, better than them. she's been on numerous sets, seeing famous people at a young age amazed her. now, she's used to being surrounded by them. in fact, her best friends camila cabello and normani kordei are famous themselves. 

camila cabello is striving as a solo artist. normani kordei is well, she's everything everyone wants to be: she's a singer, a dancer, and a model. these two usually are what are in the lens of dinah's camera, other than landscape. the three of them take the world by storm.

"dinah! c'mon child i don't need to be late." her mother rolled her eyes. 

"i'm right here." dinah scurried down the staircase, holding her camera to her side to keep it from bouncing.

 her camera was the most precious thing in the world to her, sure it was an old polaroid camera, but it was the one her grandmother used. she held it near and dear to her heart, and only took it out for special occasions, or to compliment her outfit. and today, in ripped jeans and a maroon halter, it definitely did. 

"who are we gunna see today?" dinah asked as both her and her mom got inside their car.

"camila, little mix, and this new model." her smiled and took off.

"who is the new model?" dinah was curious, they don't usually get new models.

"her family is a longtime friend of ours, she comes from a family of models, ironic but true. their family would model for our family of photographers. so from then we've become really close. they used to live here, but they moved to texas a few years before you were born, when they had the model that is coming to see us, allyson hernandez, though she goes by ally brooke." milika explained, pulling into the parking structure.

"so i've never met her?" dinah raises an eyebrow. 

"she's four years older than you, so no." she laughs. "she was a premature baby when she was born, i remember that early morning. she came out screaming, and it surprised everyone because that meant her lungs were fully developed. but, no one could hold her for two weeks, and when she was born, the doctors took her away. pat yelled at me to follow them and never let the child out of my sight. she was a beautiful baby, beautiful little girl." milika pushed the up button.

"have you seen her since?"

"nope." milika shrugged. dinah nodded, she wondered who she was.

"is camila coming first?" 

"she has a shoot with little mix to support their collaboration." milika explained. dinah nodded, deciding to stay quiet. 

"dinah!" the cuban squealed and ran to embrace her best friend.

"hey chancho!" dinah exclaimed, letting the girl koala hug her, holding her camera behind her.

"how are you? i feel like i haven't seen you in a while." camila climbs off of dinah as they start working towards camila's dressing room. 

"camila, i just saw you two days ago with lauren and normani, we went roller blading, remember?" dinah laughed. 

"oh right. still, two days are too long." camila whines as they plop down on the couch.

"so, how's recording going? your album coming together?" dinah watches camila's eyes light up.

"yeah! i'm so excited, i want this collab on my album, for sure, working with them is so much fun. i wrote a lot of my album, so i'm very excited." camila squeals.