2

"dinah, are you going out with your friends tonight?" her mother called. it was the morning of halloween, and as normal she'd want to go trick or treating with her friends.

it had also been a month or two since ally came into town. the two constantly bounced back and forth between their houses, quickly becoming acquainted to the fact that they could walk in at any given moment and be welcomed. in the beginning it was awkward and weird, but they slowly became accustomed to it.

"i'm pretty sure, i don't doubt it," dinah shrugged coming into the kitchen, smelling the beginning of breakfast.

"so, any updates?" her mother asked. dinah told everything to her mom. so, when she began to crush on ally, she was unable to hide it. her mother had picked up on it a long time ago, but she waited for dinah to come to her.

"no, mom," dinah blushed, stepping to the stove to help cook the sausage while her mom cut spam, "same old same old."

"in my humble opinion, that should change," her mom chuckled.

"yeah yeah keep your humble opinions to yourself," dinah teased. she winced when her mom slapped her head.

"i cann-" dinah was going to continue when the front door opened. ally came waddling in with a tired smile on her face.

"good morning," she said softly, walking to dinah to kiss her shoulder and hug milika. dinah smiled.

"morning sunshine, what brings you over at this time? normally you're still sleeping," dinah snickered.

"mom made me get up to ask if you guys were doing anything for halloween. so are y'all doing anything for halloween?" ally asked, leaning against the kitchen island.

"well we plan on sitting in our driveway and passing out candy while the kids trick or treat, i don't know about the girls," milika pointed at dinah.

dinah shrugged, "normally we don't actually make plans until later in the afternoon, but i'm sure we'll figure it out. we usually just trick or treat, but i don't know what we're doing."

ally nodded, "okay. i'll come back when i'm more awake and sane, see you guys later." ally kissed milika's cheek and tapped dinah's shoulder. dinah turned around and kissed her forehead. ally smiled and walked out.

"just ask her out already," milika rolled her eyes, setting the plates on the kitchen island. dinah chuckled and shook her head.

ally was walking across the street again to dinah's house. this time in sweats and one of dinah's sweatshirts she'd stolen. the girls were planning on heading over to dinah's soon, so she'd figured she just go early.

"hi sloth," ally smiled, closing the door behind her. seth was in the kitchen drinking water.

"ally!" seth exclaimed. he set the drink down carefully and ran over to ally. ally picked him up and settled him on her hip.

"how you doing, bud?" ally asked, walking into the house. she began to take him upstairs, where dinah normally was in her room.

"i'm good. can you put me down now?" seth asked politely, wanting to go back to playing. ally smiled and set him down. he ran back down the stairs and disappeared around the corner. ally knocked on dinah's room door.

"hey als," dinah said. ally smiled and walked in. dinah was at her desk doing school work, so ally climbed under her sheets and settled.

"excuse me," dinah chuckled, putting her pencil down to look at ally's head, the only visible body part of the small girl.

"what? i'm letting you finish your work and then we can hang," ally smiled innocently. dinah shook her head and climbed into bed next to her.

"i've been doing work for a bit, and the girls are supposed to come over anyway. so i'm done for the day," dinah smiled. ally nodded and turned the television on. then ally scooted over, wrapped dinah's arms around her, and settled her head in dinah's neck. dinah chuckled and leaned her head on ally's.