[Kara + Lena] - Double Date

"A double date, are you kidding me?" Kara exclaimed through the phone to Lena. She sat down on the sofa and put her hand over her mouth trying not to smile. This was the fifth crazy idea Lena had had this week- and it was only Tuesday.
"Come on, it'll be fun!" Kara could sense her smile even through the phone, there was no way she could say no to her.
"Who are these guys anyway?" Kara sighed, giving in.
"I found this guy on a dating website, he offered to set you up with his friend and have a double date so of course I said yes."
"And you didn't think to tell me till the day of the date." Kara walked to her wardrobe and started looking through her outfits, holding the phone with her shoulder.
"I wanted to surprise you! Surprise!" Lena said laughing.
"I don't even have anything to wear." Kara moaned, giving up on her wardrobe and sitting back down.
"Come over, you can borrow something of mine."
"Okay, be there in 5." Kara put the phone down and grabbed her coat.

Kara arrived at Lena's apartment and knocked on the door. She was greeted by the smiling face of Lena, who hugged her immediately.
"That was fast!" she said, laughing. Kara simply smiled and pushed her glasses up her nose. She led Kara by the hand through her apartment and to her wardrobe. Lena went quiet for a moment as she waded through her packed wardrobe before bringing out a shimmering silver dress. She held it out to Kara.
"You want me to wear that?" Kara said staring at it open mouthed. It looked way too short and tight to even cover her at all. And the way it caught the light meant she'd be a walking disco ball.
"It'll look cute, come on, go put it on." Lena pushed the dress into her hands and ushered her away to put it on. When Kara returned Lena was already in her outfit, a sleek red dress with a very low v-neck. Kara shuffled in, trying to pull the dress down with every step. Lena turned around and gazed at Kara with a satisfied look on her face. "Told you it would look cute." she said before turning back to the mirror and finishing her makeup. "I found some shoes for you as well." she said gesturing to some rather high looking heels.

They took a taxi to the restaurant they had arranged to meet at, Kara stumbled as she got out of the taxi in her heels. Lena caught her arm and helped her regain her balance.
"I wonder what they're like." Lena said as they walked towards the entrance.
"You mean you've never spoken to them?" Kara said, not hiding her shock.
"No, it was kind of spontaneous," Lena said. She reached the door and mumbled someone to the attendant, he pointed them towards a table in the back of the restaurant where two men were already sat waiting. As they approached the table the two men stood up. They both had dark hair and wore the same plain suit. They could be related, Kara thought.
"Hi I'm Matt." The first man said, he turned to Lena and kissed her on the cheek in greeting. "This is my friend Ben". Ben walked forward and greeted Kara, she hesitated slightly. Lena looked over at her and cleared her throat. They took their seats at the table with Matt and Ben, neither of them attempted to start a conversation so they looked at their menus in silence. Kara looked at Lena sideways with her menu hiding her face. She smiled at her and Lena faked a yawn and pointed to the men. A waiter came to take their order and they handed back the menus. Shortly after, their food arrived.
"So," Lena said, placing her arms on the table, "What do you do for a living?"
"Not much really, just office work." Matt replied. "That's how I know Ben." Ben nodded whilst eating his meal.
"That sounds interesting." Lena said, trying to encourage the conversation.
"It's not." Matt replied, and he went back to eating his food. Lena looked over at Kara like she was ready to give up.
"Do you have any hobbies?" Kara said quickly, saying the first thing that came into her head.
"Not really." It was Ben that replied this time. The table went silent once more and soon the men had finished their meal and Lena and Kara had barely picked at theirs. The waiter came over and took their plates and handed them the menu for desserts. Lena leaned over and whispered to Kara. "I think we should ditch these two, I can't stand another silent meal."
"Agreed, but how?" Kara replied.

"Leave it to me."

The waiter came back and asked if they would like dessert, Matt and Ben were about to speak when Lena said, "You know, we really have to be getting back- it's getting rather dark outside." Kara glanced at the window, and saw the sun hadn't even set yet, she stifled a smile.
"Yes, we really must get going." She backed Lena up.

"Thanks for the lovely time." Lena said, she dumped some cash on the table and grabbed Kara's arm and led her from the restaurant. By the time they got outside Kara was laughing.
"It's getting dark? Really?" Kara pointed to the blue sky "Hardly."
"I couldn't think of anything else, anyway come on I'm starving, let's go get pizza." Lena led Kara once more to the nearest pizza shop. They left with their arms full of pizza boxes.
"Back to mine?" Kara said. Lena nodded over the boxes.

They got to Kara's apartment and dumped the pizza boxes on the kitchen counter. Kara got a couple of plates out and they each loaded them.

"Much better." Kara said as they both settled on the sofa and switched the TV on. Kara leaned into Lena's shoulder as they both ate, Lena put her arm around her. Kara flicked through the various channels on the TV before she settled on a romcom.
"Good choice," Lena said. Kara smiled as she nestled further into Lena, feeling the warmth radiate between them.

Supergirl Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें