Blue eyes

Octavia POV

"Ugh", I groaned. My head was pounding like crazy, and my shoulder was killing me. I look at my arm and it's wrapped up with thick white fabric  , I touch my forehead and it's  covered up by a large band aid. "Wtf Neptune, are you trying to kill me!", I yelled at ocean. I got up from my sitting spot and tried to stand up,it's been a while since I had my legs, I was always in the water and never bothered to go on land until today.

I looked around and it appears I'm in a large cave in front of the beach, it was so beautiful, the sand was so soft, the sunlight perfectly lit the cave up and there was shells everywhere, even on the walls. I suddenly lost my balance and stumbled backwards and a pair of strong bare arms caught me. I turned around regaining my balance, I look at a pair of beautiful bright pair of blue eyes in front of me, he had medium short dark brown hair, had light tanned skin, he had pieces of hair covering one of his eyes,he was wearing a brown ripped up shirt showing his muscular arms and body. I never met a human this attractive.

"You're finally awake and with legs", he said with a deep voice and smiled, showing one of his dimples, making him more attractive. Wait, did he see me half naked, I looked at my chest area and I'm wearing an oversized white tshirt that ends above my knees, how kind of him, I bet he took a peep at them.

"U-um where a-re we?", I stuttered."On a deserted island in the middle of the pacific", he said. Great I'm on an island with a hot human stranger. "Are you hungry or thirsty?", he asked nicely. I nodded, he walked to the back of the cave and grabbed a large coconut bowl full of different types of tropical fruit and a cup of freshwater. He walked towards me with both items and gave them to me.

I sat on the soft sand again and gobbled up all the fruits and chugged the water carefully(I didn't want to get wet and sprout a tail)

"What's your name?", he said with a serious tone but looked at me with those kind blue eyes, he sat down beside me." O-Octavia", I stuttered, why was I stuttering so much, I can speak perfect English. "Octavia, pretty name. My name is Jackson but you can call me Jack". "Okay, Jack", I spoke gently, without stuttering Yay! " U-um, Jack, why did you save me?", DAMMIT AGAIN. " I saved you because I didn't want you to die and it gets pretty lonely here, so why not?", he grinned. Oh my Neptune!that dimple."Wait, you've live on this island by yourself, how long?", I asked." For 5 years", he chuckled. "How old are you?",I said casually. "Twenty, good thing I have a calendar", I laughed softly. "And you?", "Well, we don't have calendars in the water but I'm nineteen", I responded. "What's it like... being a mermaid?"

"It's um pretty great, I've traveled the world twice. But I was lost, caught in a storm and ended up here and now I have no idea where am."

"Looks like the same thing happened to both of us. I was on a cruise to Florida, until a nasty storm hit the boat causing me to fall out and end up here for five years, I haven't seen a boat or helicopter anywhere, that's when I gave up and started living in paradise, literally".

I signed, I started to calm down and relax. Me and Jack talked for several hours about each other and how it was like being a mermaid and how it was like being a human. Jack was very funny and very smart. The sun started to sink into the ocean and then Jackson stood up quickly and said "I should probably get started on the fire it's going to get dark soon". Then he ran into jungle and came back with a bunch of wood and straw, he placed the wood on a spot that was burnt recently and lit it up with some kind of rock.

Do humans have powers too?

As the fire slowly started light up, I begin to shiver when a blast of cold wind hit me. I felt Jack's warm hands touched my arms as he wrapped a soft blanket around me. I started to get goosebumps all of a sudden, it wasn't because it was cold, it was him.

I sat beside the fire and Jack laid on the opposite side , he said in gentle,deep voice,"Goodnight Octavia", when he said that, I was smiling the whole night.