Chapter Five

Ceylan woke up much later than usual. Nine-thirty in the morning was a shocker when he looked at his watch. However, Ceylan didn't get out of bed. He chose to just lay there and cry, in his tank top and boxers. His mom started to get worried, but Ceylan wouldn't even accept meals. He kept the door sealed. No one came in, and he didn't leave. That would just be how it was.

Ceylan heard murmurs from the living room. He assumed it was his parents, talking about what to do with him. Someone's feet thudded up the stairs, and he braced himself for another shouting match. However, what he got was a polite knock.

"Dad, I'm not opening the door," Ceylan shouted, tears straining his voice. However, what he got wasn't the shout he expected, but a surprise.

"Ceylan?" asked a familiar voice. "Can I come in? It's me, Guren."

Ceylan hesitated, preparing for the worst. Guren was here to tell him that he wasn't a Tenkai Knight anymore, and that all of his friends hated him. "O-okay, give me a minute," Ceylan called back. Ceylan threw on shorts and a t-shirt, then unlocked the door. Ceylan tried to say 'Come in', but it died in his throat when he saw Guren. Guren looked exhausted, his eyes were red from crying, and his radiant smile was nonexistent. He looked almost as bad as Ceylan did.

"Hey, Ceylan," Guren whispered gently. Then he smiled a little, but not as much as usual. 

"Hey," Ceylan replied quietly. Guren stepped into Ceylan's room, and Ceylan shut the door behind them. When Guren gave him a quizzical look, he explained, "I don't want my parents in here."

Guren only nodded, still taking in the room around him. It was a disaster. Ceylan's goggles were on the ground, as well as his jacket. Stuff was lying everywhere, and Ceylan's bed looked like animals lived in it.

Ceylan took a deep breath. Guren had to have come here for an apology, so Ceylan could at least give him that. "I'm sorry," he whispered. 

"What?" Guren asked.

"I'm sorry!" Ceylan shouted. "I shouldn't have done that to you. No straight guy wants that, and I'm sorry I did that to you. I get that you don't want anything to do with me, and I understand that I can't be a Tenkai Knight anymore, or your friend. I'm so, so sorry." Ceylan was fighting back a waterfall of tears.

"No, Ceylan," Guren whispered quietly, "none of that is true."

Ceylan looked at Guren. "Wh-what?"

Guren smiled in the most reassuring, beautiful way. "I don't hate you, Ceylan. That kiss, that was..." Guren closed his eyes and smiled. "That was the best experience of my life."

Ceylan looked up at Guren, hope finally daring to return to him.

"I love you, Ceylan," Guren told him.

"I love you more," Ceylan declared.

Guren cleared his throat. "You were right in saying we wouldn't be friends anymore," he said.

"We're boyfriends."