Chapter Four

Cher's POV

"Yeah Yeah I told you"someone said I lazily opened my eyes to see 7 boys surrounding me and- wait who is hugging me. I turn my head to see Benny cozily holding me, I blush and look down they boys started laughing. "Benny" I whisper trying to get myself out his arms, "Benny" I continue. Nothing. The boys had left the treehouse to get breakfast, I leaned down and kissed his jaw without thinking. He soon stirred and opened his eyes, he was looking right into mine. He smiled "Good Morning" Cher he said with The SEXyIsT MOrnInG VoIce every omg. I smiled back "Good Morning Benjamin" I said, he soon realized he had his arms around me and quickly removed them from my waist. "I'm sorry" he said blinking I laughed " it's fine Benjamin" I said giggling. He smiled and hugged me and got up, "let's go down" he said holding out his hand for me to grab.

After breakfast we sent Squints and Yeah Yeah to Vincent's get a baseball. It was very hot might I add, over 100 degrees for sure. "It's so hot" the boys whined Benny would only roll his eyes, soon we saw Squints being dragged by Yeah Yeah. Benny stood up annoyed "Where have you guys been, we've been waiting forever already." Benny said annoyed "Ah Squints was pervin a dish" yeah yeah said "shut up I wasn't" Squints argued "Yeah yeah you were, your tongue was hanging out of your head and you were swooning" "I said shut up, I've got a lot on my mind" Squints said sitting next to me and grabbing a pop. "Benny this pop isn't working I'm baking like a toasted cheeser it's so hot out" Ham complained and Benny rolled his eye "Its 150 degrees out there you can't play base ball you have to call it a day" Squints said " you got to listen to him Benny" Bertram said, sweat traveling down his neck. Gross. "Vote then, anybody who wants to be a can't hack it pantywaist, who wears their Momma's bra, raise your hand" Benny said and all the boy but me raised their hand. I rolled my eyes. " I can handle that" they all said, "Fine, fine, fine be like that so wheat are we gonna do then" Benny said licking his lips, the lips I died for. "Ha Ha ha " Yeah Yeah let out a weird laugh looking at the boys, "Scam Pool HoneyS!" The boys screamed. "Wow so mature" I said " shut up you can swoon over guys" Ham said "gross They're like dogs. You have to clean them and feed them and they're
just like these nervous creatures that jump and slobber all over you." I said with disgust Benny looked at me with a look I couldn't really read. The boys didn't say anything about my rant "What" I said they all turned away and continued pleading to Benny.

As we walked to the community pool we walked into the pool house i obviously went to the girls one. I came out and laid my towel on the grass, I saw the boys come running out jumping in. They were all splashing around and I guess drowning each other. I will never understand the minds of boys. "Come on in sweet stuff" Ham said from in the pool, all eyes were suddenly on me. I smirked taking of my tee shirt and jean shorts. I revealed a red two piece bathing suit that complemented my body. The young boys jaws dropped besides Scotty of course, Scotty noticed and splashed the boys with water. I laughed and walked to the stairs when 2 boys with blonde and brown hair came up to me "Hey cutie you new" one said " um yeah how'd you know" I said confused totally oblivious to the flirty tone in their voice. "Hey babe" someone called I looked down into the pool to see Benny "um" I said "common babe get in" he said "Sup Rodriguez" one of them said. "Hey guys" Benny said irritated "we didn't know you picked up such a cute chick" the boy said looking mr up and down I scoff "yeah we're dating"Benny said smiling " No we aren't" I said looking at him " not yet" Benny said smirking I blushed looking down. The boys left and I jumped it . "So how you doing boyfriend" I said smirking " great girlfriend" he said joking " there jerks and players trust me you don't wanna associate with those assholes" he said as he picked me up and put me of his back I gladly accepted when we walked towards the boys glancing up. Not just glancing but checking out the blonde life guard. "Awe man" Benny whispered I glared at her immediately "Yeah yeah too cool" "she don't know what she's doing" Timmy said " she don't know what she's doing" Tommy repeated " Yeah she does, she knows exactly what she's doing" Benny said which tore my heart. I rolled my eyes and got off him, he quickly reached out to pull my waist but I swam next to DeNunez. "I've swum here every summer in my adult life and there she is lotionin, oiling, lotioning I can't take this no more, MOVE" squints said pushing DeNunez to the side. He did the most desperate thing any of us had even seen,"What's wrong with him?" Scotty asked "What's he doing?" Ham questioned "Three summers of this. I think he finally snapped." DeNunez answered "I don't know. But that's the deep end, and Squints can't swim." Yeah yeah said with worry in his voice. We saw squints walk up to the diving board giving us a evil smile and a chuckle Squints continued to giggle until he jumped off the diving board, considering what Yeah yeah said earlier about Squints not being able to swim we all jumped out of the water."Somebody help him! - Squints!" We yelled "Somebody help him! Come on!"
We watched as Wendy dived into the water to rescue Squints she soon came to the surface "Move back. Move back."she said
"Okay, I got him. I got him. " she added
"Come on up, Wendy." Another lifeguard said pulling her up.
"Everybody move back. Move back. Roll him over." The lifeguard said
"Never mind! Never mind!" Wendy said panicking
"Come on, Squints." We all said
"Come on, Squints. - Come on!"
"Squints!" Someone said as we watched Wendy give Squints CPR
"Wake up. - Come on, breathe, would you?"
"Come on, Squints! You can do it! Pull through, bud!"
"Come on, man! Come on!"
"Yeah, yeah. He looks pretty crappy." Yeah yeah said
"Squints! Come on, man."
"Oh, God, he looks like a dead fish." Bertram said , suddenly Squints opened his eyes giving us a smirk then quickly closing his eyes.
"What?" We all said in confusing taking a step back. Then suddenly in a blink of an eye Squints put his arms around Wendy's head pushing his lips against hers.Wendy Muffled Something until she screamed "Little pervert" "Oh, man, he's in deep shit." Timmy said. Wendy quickly picked him up by the arms and leading him to the exits I quickly got my things from the grass where I sent them down and benny put his arm on my back leading me out as we ran. We made it to the back of the pool to some gate we all teased Squints "awww Shut up" Squints said as we all laughed. One by one the boys went home benny, Scotty and I walked home together we were all talking about what happened at the pool when we all stopped in front of my door. "Well bye benny see you tomorrow" Scotty said stepping inside "see ya" I said "goodnight Cher" Benny whispered I looking him in the eye and smiled I walked closer to him and kissed his cheek, he turned bright red " good night" I whispered in his ear and walked through the door. I ran to the window and saw benny standing there with a hand on his cheek smiling I chuckled and walked to my room getting ready for bed.