three

Darcy quickly grabbed my hand and closed the door behind her. 

"Guess what!" she exclaimed a bit too loudly.

"What? " I asked as I reached forward and locked it.  

"I have...Wait, where are your parents?" She asked, her lighter eyes scanning the livingroom area - searching for any other person. 

"They left on a business trip, " I said with a chuckle. "why?"

"Okay. Great! " She squealed.

I gave her a confused look as she pulled me closer. I stopped just inches away from her face, yet I was perfectly unphased by the movement.  However, I knew for a fact if Ms Flynn did this I would have probably lost my shit. 

"I have just managed to gain access to the hottest club in the area and I was wondering if you'd come with me! " she gushed. I let out a soft groan at the thought along with her choice in words. 

"How the hell did you manage that? " I asked. "And uh - what club is this?"

"Oh come on Lay,  plus its all free.  It is called 'Roulette' and apparently this guy who is my dad's friend with owns the place, "  she said, " And you have to come, or else I'll sulk...I'm brilliant at that and you know it. "

I thought about it for a second. There is no reason why not, I mean my parents are away and it's not like I have any serious assignments to worry about yet. I might as well have fun!  I finally gave in. 

Not because I didn't have anything better to do, but, mainly because I was alone, and didn't want to remain alone for tonight.

"Okay fine! However one hour only and I'm not going to drink," I added.

"Deal, " Darcy said with a smile. She turned and ran for the door. "I'll come back in thirty minutes with a ride, so hurry up!" With that she slammed the door shut.

I sighed and locked the door again before heading upstairs to get changed. How the heck would you dress to go to a club? I've seen my mum dress up once to go to one and that was when Daddy died... So how hard could it be, right?

I opened my closet door and looked around for something.  Turns out I didn't have anything nightclub worthy.  A frown tugged at my lips as I pushed the racks to the side.  I didn't even have a hot girl dress.  What am I supposed to wear?  Clubs are usually dark, right?  So maybe no one would notice the outfit either way.  After convincing myself that I could just wear something I finally decided to wear ripped skinny jeans and fitted black top with some cute shoes. I headed downstairs a bit early and waited for Darcy. I sat on the countertop and ate a piece of cake as I waited. My mind racing as I thought about a million different things. 

After a few minutes, I jumped as the phone rang causing the fork in between my fingers to hit the floor. I got of the counter and picked it up before answering the phone. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Hi honey, are you okay? " my mother asked. Ah shit, should I tell her that I was going out?  No I couldn't - she would never let me go out to a club now.  Maybe I can just lie?  No - No I can't do that.  If I brake her trust once and she finds out that would be the end of it.  But - I still want to go.  Maybe if I just - 

"Yes, I am just going to bed now, " I lied. The words left my lips even before I intended. 

"Okay well have sweet dreams love, " Her tone was trusting and happy.  I can't believe she trusted me. 

"Thanks, mum," I answered. "I'll call you tomorrow morning."

"Great, I love you. "  Mum replied.