five

I walked to the door and looked out of the window. Standing with her arms crossed over her chest and impatiently tapping her foot was Darcy which was unexpected since she usually has a bad hangover after nights like these. I sighed and opened the door to allow her in.

"Hey, are you okay? " I asked her.

"You didn't tell me you fucked last night, " Darcy said as she pushed her way inside and sat down near the kitchen counter. I followed her and opened the fridge. 

"Huh?"  I asked as I stopped and glanced back at her. "I didn't - I ...  wait did you know the person? " I asked nervously. My fingers tapping against the side of the fridge.

"No, I just say you with a hot guy by the bar, " she said.  

"Oh ..oh yeah..." I said relieved that she didn't see me with Ms Flynn. "Well, I didn't fuck."  I stated before taking out the bottle of juice from the fridge.  

"Really?"  She asked.

"Of course not, I'm asexual,"  I replied. "Didn't you forget?"  

"Right... well uh - do you wanna go out for some pizza? " She asked. 

"It's like 9 am,"  I replied. 

"Fine, how about we get breakfast first then?"  Darcy asked.  I shook my head but I ended up giving in to her request. After all, Kai won't be home until later.  I went upstairs and changed into some better clothes.

I came downstairs wearing a skirt and a shirt. Now I do believe this outfit was much better.  And I'm sure I won't get as many comments as I did for my outfit last night. 

"Let's go then," Darcy replied as she grabbed my hand. I nodded and followed her out before locking the door behind me. Yet I was beginning to feel a bit weird.  Once I stood near the road, I had this strong feeling that something wasn't right.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it? But why would I experience this rush of anxiety all of a sudden? 

I tried to brush it off as we walked to the small cafe because it really wasn't that far from home. However, with each step, I couldn't help but glance around.  I guess even Darcy caught on the act since she stopped me halfway to ask if I was okay. 

Thankfully, we made it there safely.  It was a lovely cafe where I would visit regularly sometimes alone sometimes with my family or Darcy. We walked in and took a sear near a window.  The waitress came by and smiled at us.

"What would you girls like? " she asked. 

We gave her our orders and watched as she wrote them before leaving us. 

I smiled and looked at Darcy. She was so pretty, prettier than me. She had grey eyes and black hair which was short and choppy and she had pale pink lips. 

"What? " Darcy asked as she looked up to me.

"Oh... Ummm. Nothing, just thinking about how much prettier you are than me, " I said nonchalantly. 

"Oh come on you are just as pretty, " she teased as she propped up her head with her hand.

Just then the waitress came back with our drinks. When she left Darcy froze and glanced at me. 

"Umm guess who is here," Darcy said as she pointed behind me. I turned around and saw Rei, he was one of the few persons who ever really caught my eye and managed to remain as a constant crush.  But then again,  I only met him on the first day of classes so it was too early to tell if he would really remain as a crush.  And crushes can be weird.  But what was constant was the fact that regardless of the person I had the crush on my awkward behaviour shone through resulting in embarrassing interactions. 

Which is why I quickly turned around, hoping Darcy doesn't call his attention to me.

"Please don't call him over, " I pleaded, lowering my head down. 

"Fine, I'll think about it, " she said as she took a sip of her drink. I shook my head and thought about moving first. 

"Well I'll be right back I need to wash my hands." I got up and went into the bathroom. It was surprisingly easy to slip into the bathroom without him noticing. Maybe I do tend to overthink things sometimes.  I used the restroom then when I was coming out, the same time a woman stepped out of the bathroom cubical next to mine.

I washed my hands and looked at her through the mirror. She was Ms Flynn. 

I knew this was a small town but the coincidental meetups were starting to get a bit suspicious.  However, she was quite busy putting on her red lipstick. Too busy to notice me - or so I thought.  I looked down and continued to wash my hands.

"Well well if it isn't Vivian, " She said. I froze because that was the name I told her in the bar, although it wasn't my real name. My heart skipped a beat. Oh no she remembered. I'm screwed, this cannot be happening. Thoughts raced through my head as I turned off the tap. I had to play along.

"Vivian?" I asked, Ms Flynn, smirked as she looked at me.

"Yes,  Vivian."  She repeated.  "Someone had fun last night huh?"  

I glanced at her through the mirror as she put her lipstick back into her bag.  She then took out her phone and lingered on there for a few seconds before turning to face me.