4. Mr Cryptic (Mabel)

As Dipper led her away, Mabel looked back to Mr Cryptic. There was something about him she couldn't put her finger on. Something in those eyes, you could barely see the pupils.

"Mabel, we're going to miss the bus." Dipper looked back to her and saw her looking at Mr Cryptic, he curled his lip. "C'mon Mabel."

Mabel shook her head, but she began to run to the bus stop anyway. They only just got there as the bus pulled up. As they sat down, Mabel looked to Dipper. He was fingering with Wendy's hat. he had been debating wether to take it off at school today, he decided to keep it on, just in case. Mabel sighed, even after what they had been through Dipper still was scared of what others thought of him. 

"Never mind," she muttered as she stared out the window. The Californian areas were so different to Gravity Falls. "I'll be back soon enough." She told herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they walked through the front door Mabel heard their parents in the lounge.

"They seem different sweetheart. In a bad way, how can you not see that!?" Her mum's voice bounced around the room.

"of course I can see it, but they're 13 now, sometimes it happens." Mabel could almost see their worried faces in her mind. 

"I don't know, It's a bit too abnormal. I knew Gravity Falls was a bad idea, Stan was always unstable."

"Uncle Stan was not unstable-"

"Yes he was!" Her mum's voice had crawled to a yell. "He was a scandalous man, he cheated people out of their money, he deserves to be put in prison!!"

Mabel gasped. She heard Dipper take a step back and knock over the hat stand. Immediately, their parent clambered into the room. Mabel glared at her mum, she feel slightly guilty about it, but she deserved it.

"Mabel," Her mum grasped for loose straws. "Listen, maybe?-"

"No!" Mabel yelled. "You listen, Grunkle Stan was a great man! You don't know anything!" She chocked back a sob. "He sacrificed everything for us! EVERYTHING!"

Mabel ran back upstairs, Dipper trailing behind her. She could hear their apologises, but she didn't care. Stan nearly forgot everything; even her, to save the world. The way he looked at her, he had no idea. Thank god for scrapbooks. She muffled a laugh, scrapbooks. Dipper looked at her, a look of confusion.

"SCRAPBOOKS!" Mabel yelled. Dipper's face broke into a grin.

"SCRAPBOOKS!" Dipper yelled. They spent the next few minutes running around like a bunch of crazy people, before settling down. Mabel grinned at Dipper and sat on her bed, pulling a very confused Waddles onto her lap.  Mabel stared at Waddles, he wore an adorable jumper that he hadn't worn this morning. Good to know mum and dad were taking care of him. She halted.

"Dipper, I can't believe I said that," Mabel breathed. "I feel horrible." She buried her face in her hands. Dipper put his hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, I'm sure they'll be okay," Dipper could see this wasn't helping. "In the meantime though we can always look at our scrapbook." Mabel nodded and gave a small smile. She began to rifle through her memories box, and drew out her scrapbook. They spent the next hour reviewing their memories, laughing at the fun moments, crying at the sad.

"I feel better now," Mabel wiped her eyes. She stood up. "Come on, dinner's probably ready." She extended her hand for Dipper, he took it with a smile and they began to descend down the staircase to dinner.