Chapter 3- We're the same

Hey guys, just a quick warning, this chapter contains mention of self harm and suicide. So if you find this triggering, then please leave this story now. You where warned in the description. xx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco's P.O.V

Words cannot describe what I felt looking into Harry's beautiful eyes. "What are you doing here?" He asked with a hint of surprise in laced in his voice. 

"McGonagall invited me back to become a quidditch coach, what are you doing here?" I asked still not breaking eye-contact. I never wanted to look away from his beautifully perfect eyes.

"I'm here to finish my education, in case you forgot, I missed my list year of Hogwarts!" He broke the intense eye-contact and looked over at the fire place and stared into the the flames. That was something I could no longer do, I couldn't get too close to fire, I was terrified of it since that day in the room of requirement as I nearly died in the flames. 

"You know, I never got to ask you, why did you save me and Blaise from the room of requirement when Crabbe's fiendfyre got all out of control?" He didn't look away from the flame and I didn't think he was going to answer.

But then he did, and I must admit, I never thought I'd get an answer like it,  "Because you didn't deserve to die Draco." He looked up from the flames in search of bringing back the eye-contact, but I was looking at the ground with tears in my eyes. 

"I did! I deserved to die more than anybody else who died that day! They where good people! Kind people! And I'm nothing like them! I'm a death eater! I am scum! I'm nothing! And I wish that I had died that day!" When I finally did look up from the floor, Harry was crying. 

"You didn't Draco, you are good and kind! Or at lease I believe you can be. You didn't deserve to die and you didn't deserve to be pushed into doing something that you didn't want to do!" He walked closer to me and put a hand out for me to shake, just as I had done the first time we met as two eleven year old boys.  

But I didn't take it, instead I asked "What do you mean 'something I didn't want to do'?" He put his hand back against his side, and gave out a slight sigh.  

"I know you didn't want to be a death eater. I know that your Father forced you to become one." I walked over to him and he told me that it was going to be okay and he pulled me into a hug. I cried on his shoulder and he cried on mine. 

"I'm sorry Harry. I'm so so sorry." I cried hard until he lifted up my chin and looked into my eyes.

"What are you sorry for?" I closed my eyes and shook my head. I couldn't pin-point one specific thing I was sorry for.

"For everything, everything I did in Hogwarts when we where younger, everything I helped that monster to do, just everything. I'm so sorry Harry." I called him a monster for two reasons 1: because he is one and 2: because I'm scared to say his name, part of me knew I that even in death he still had control over me. I was still completely controlled by my fear of him and everything he had done to hurt me and the people I cared about. 

"It's okay Draco." He held me tighter and whispered in my ear "it's all going to be okay, you're safe now. He's gone now, and you never have to be that person again."

Harry's P.O.V

I held him tightly as he cried. Then I decided it wouldn't be a good idea to leave him in a room on his own if he wished he was dead. I didn't know if he was suicidal, so I let him sleep in my room. I had a double bed so there was plenty of room. Although I kinda wish I'd had a single bed, just so that I would have to cuddle up to him even more. I didn't fancy Draco, but I had to admit that he was damn good looking. I locked the door so that Ron wouldn't come in to wake me up in the morning. I then remembered "Oh shit!" I exclaimed.

Draco looked over at me with a concerned look "What's wrong?" he asked with a worried tone, he's so cute when he's worried. 

"I just remembered that I don't have any pajamas, I always sleep in my boxers." For some reason Draco seemed ever so slightly happy about this, I couldn't for the life of me understand why. 

"Thats okay, I don't mind, I mean we'll be on separate sides of the bed anyway. And I know you're gay but a doubt that be interested in me anyway." I looked at him and thought for a minuet, 'maybe I am interested in him' 

"So what are your sexual tendencies then?" I tried to make it sound as casual as possible, but I was basically asking if he was gay so that I could ask him out! Wait what? Did I really just consider asking out Draco Malfoy?  

"Well, I'm bi but I just got out of a complicated relationship so I'm not really looking for anyone at the moment so it doesn't really matter." 'Who was he with? Is he still into this other guy/girl or is it over?' so many questions where running through my head. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked just so that I could get more information on the situation. I had to know the details, I couldn't understand why I cared so much but I did,

"Well he dumped me about two days ago because he said that he had slept with your ex-girlfriend!" What the hell? I asked myself, searching my brain for an explanation for what he'd just said. Who could he have been talking about?

"Ginny?... But she's only ever slept with- wait a minuet! You where with Blaise weren't you?" I asked in shock, since I always thought Blaise was straight. He nodded slightly, as a frown formed of his beautiful face. Wait, did I just call him beautiful? 

"But let's just forget about that for now and just go to sleep, McGonnagall says we have an important day tomorrow, whatever that means." He said, his voice laced with sadness. 

"Yeah okay, you're right. we should sleep." He went over to one of his two suit cases and pulled out a short sleeved green T-shirt and a pair of three quarter length black pajama pants with a picture of a green snake running down the right leg. I looked away so that he could get changed and I took of my clothes and pulled back the covers and lay down, pulling them up to my chin to keep me nice and warm. I felt Draco climb in beside me. I thought he would try and stay as far away as possible, but he did the opposite, he cuddled closer to me and I wrapped my arms around him. Then I looked down at him to say goodnight, but I then saw something that I really with I hadn't. It was his dark mark, it was surrounded by cuts, some old ones that had become scars and some that I could tell where fresh, they looked like they where only a few days old. I can't believe he would do this to himself. 

"Draco?" He looked up at me with tears in his eyes, why was he crying? More importantly, why would he do that to himself? Why would he mutilate his perfect skin? 

"I didn't mean for you to see those Harry I'm so sorry." He cried, as he tried to free himself for my grasp and get out of the bed. 

"Hey, don't cry, it's okay, look," I said as I held onto his other arm to keep him there.  I pulled my arm from under the covers and showed him my wrist, it too was covered with self-inflicted scars, although I hadn't self-harmed in months. "You're not alone Draco, I understand." I hugged him tighter and we fell asleep like that, in each others arms feeling safer than we'd felt in a really long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading guys, sorry if there are any mistakes. I'm writing this part on my iPod because my sister broke my laptop. So sorry about that. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye guys - Chloe xx