Chapter Two: The Beijing Institute

"Being part angel sounds so amazing, all the runes, all the history, I want to attend the academy and defend the world with my fellow Nephilim."

Clarissa Penhallow found herself lying on a pile of grass after free falling for a good minute. She thought it was another trick made by her parabatai Dylan Lovelace, but that would not be possible because her surroundings were not something that can be faked. Clary really wanted to scream out loud because nothing made any sense, and she absolutely hated the feeling of not being in control. As she was trying to figure what her next move should be, her phone started going off. It was Dylan.

"Hello?"

"Thank the Angel that this world has wifi, where are you?"

"I don't know yet, I still need some time to understand  this whole situation, I can't tell you my location precisely but I am definitely in Asia. But this world is not as advanced as ours, I am thinking that I may be in the year 21st century."

"So not only did we fall into another world, we also went back time?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Do you think there will be demons in this world, too?"

"I can't say for sure, I hope there won't be a lot of demons. I don't have much weapons on me."

There was a silence that lasted about ten seconds before Dylan screamed,"ARE YOU A SHADOWHUNTER, CLARISSA PENHALLOW? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH WEAPONS ON YOU? DID YOU READ THE SIDE NOTES WRITTEN BY JONATHAN HERONDALE ON OUR COPIES OF THE CODEX?"

Clary sighed in defeat, trying not to sound too frustrated, "Listen, Lovelace I wasn't on patrol. I was CHILLING INSIDE THE INSTITUTE, WHO WOULD CARRY ALL THOSE GEARS WALKING INSIDE THE INSTITUTE?" She resisted the urge to curse out loudly but couldn't help raising her voice as she tried to explain the situation to her parabatai, "I only got a whip, one seraph blade and one dagger that isn't even made out of adamas. Oh, and my stele," Clary checked her belongings and groaned in defeat, "We are gonna die if there is a mass demon attack."

"Yes," Dylan replied,"We will be dead within the first few days."

"We need to investigate this place first, if we want to go back, we have to know where we are. This world certainly doesn't look like the one we lived in, no trace of demons activities can be found," Clary had never felt this helpless before, she was trained for all situations, but this was all new to her, and without her parabatai next to her, she was even more anxious about the problems they would face.

Dylan tried to smooth the tension and make light of this situation, "Hey Penhallow, do you think you will die because of starvation?"

Clary let out a soft chuckles, "Shut up Lovelace, I can cook. I need to hang up now because I don't have a charger and I don't want to run out of battery."

"Call me once you are settled down, I will text you as soon as I've found out where I am, and let's hope our locations are within walking distance." 

Dylan put his phone away after he hung up. He took a deep breath and looked around himself, "Trees... trees... trees...oh, a bird...trees...is that a building?" There is no way that Dylan could identify where he was just by looking at all these trees. So, he decided to walk toward the building he saw. If he is lucky, maybe he will find out where he was, or maybe someone will give him food.

his phone buzzed when he was about to start walking, a text from Clary appeared on the screen: "Try to find a church or temple or something, we need weapons and other supplies, let's hope that shadowhunters exist in this world."

Clary could feel her heart stopped beating as fast when she saw Dylan snapped her a picture of the building he saw, at least he would have a place to stay in overnight. And for her, she needed to find a place to charge her phone and eat. She was on her way to dinner when she got sucked into this weird dimension, nothing could stop her from eating. Not even when her world was collapsing and she was really craving for some good burgers.