Chapter 6: Loving Funeral

While on the Waverider for the past month you’ve gotten closer to everyone mainly Sara, Mick and Nate. Although you love Sara deeply from the experiences of her training and field work you wanted to ask her out but didn’t have the guts to. The only person you ever told your feelings about Sara to is Mick and that was when you were both drunk.

Flashback

You were about to head to bed in your quarters when Mick approached you with a beer in his hand. “Heya Sparky.” he said with a near slur in his voice. “Hey Mick I thought I told you not to call me that. Anyway why are you up and about?” you ask the former criminal. He brought you to the kitchen and grabbed you a beer. You say “Don’t you think we should be at the top of our game tomorrow?” and Mick proceeds to say “I’m always at the top of my game whether I’m drunk or not. Besides I’m pretty sure your Meta Gene will erase it the next day.” You stop to wonder when the last time you were drunk and it was 2 years ago. So you think ‘Yeah maybe I could have a drink or two.’ and tell Mick “Sure why the hell not.”

After 2 hours of drinking you accidentally said this to Mick “You know Mick. One of the biggest reasons why I stayed was to take care of Sara. She’s just so beautiful. I don’t know how to say to her that I love her.” and Mick got closer and laughed. He then said “Just impress her or play hard to get. That’s what Snart did.” After another 30 minutes you manage to shake off the alcohol in your system and say “Well crap. I just revealed my biggest secret to a criminal. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" After that you head to bed and the next day Sara said to you “Hey where’s Mick?” and you respond by saying “Probably in his quarters. He might’ve gotten drunk.” and Sara sighed and kept Mick in bed and you knew he was going to get a long training session with either Sara or a few Metas.

End of flashback

After remembering that flashback Ray approaches you and says “Hey we got an aberration. Paris, France 1853. It’s pretty small so only a few people are going.” you look at him and say “Who?”. He says “Sara, Mick and I are all going. We were wondering if you would be interested in joining us.” You don’t even hesitate and say yes instantly. When you arrived in France with Mick, Ray and Sara went in groups of two to find the aberration. You were paired with Sara and headed to the Eiffel Tower but surprises both of you because it was empty. “Where is everybody?” you ask. Sara doesn’t answer but rather looks around to find others. You look around as well and find nothing. After a while you gave up and were about to look outside when Ray on comms said “Hey Sara when we get back to the ship maybe we can celebrate your birthday.” Ray’s words caught you off guard and you said “I didn’t know it was your birthday Sara.” She looked at you and took out her comms while saying “Take your comms out (F/N).”

You comply and look at Sara. “What is it?” you ask confused. Sara replies “I never celebrate my birthday. Ever since I joined the League I’ve never celebrated anything. It’s just not a thing that I do anymore.” You get the brilliant idea of throwing the party here in the Eiffel Tower. “Are you serious (F/N)? Here? What about the mission.” she said. You then said “Don’t worry like Ray said it wasn’t that big. Besides he and Mick can handle it.” “Yeah, if they don’t tear each other apart.” Sara says jokingly. She laughs and you laugh with her. You feel a moment between you and her. You grab her back and she grabs your hips. You lock eyes and say “You are beautiful.”. She comes closer and you lock lips without knowing.

While you have your tender moment you can hear gunshots on the lower level. You both stop and try to see what’s going on. You say “We’ll continue later.” with lust still in your eyes. You go down to the lower level and see that there is a deal going on involving guns if the futuristic type. You quickly turn to Sara and say “Should we get Mick and Ray here?”. She says “Like Ray said 'It's small' right?”. You nod and charge in, Sara heads to the left while you take a right. You take out two guys holding plasma guns and throw one of your daggers at another who’s charging at Sara. She’s kicking ass as well but caught off guard when one of the criminals charged you with your dagger. You look in shock then anger at the criminal. You head butt him and take out the dagger he shoved in your abdomen just missing your stomach. Sara looks at you and says “Are you alright?”.

You look at her and say “Yeah my healing will kick in soon and I’ll be fine.” Sara’s distracted by your words that she didn’t notice the one guy left who had an RPG pointed right at them. You notice and push her out of the way while the missile hits you square in the sternum knocking you back and exploding on impact. Your eyes open long enough to see Sara take down the last criminal and light up the weapons. She then carries your body back to the Waverider.

Sara’s POV

After holding my friend in my arms, I manage to get to the bridge ad head to the Med Bay screaming at Gideon “What’s (his/her) damage?” and the AI responds “(Mr./Ms.) (L/N) has multiple hemorrhaging in (his/her) upper body, bleeding internally and externally along with 2nd degree burns.” I get (him/her) to the Med Bay and place (him/her) down to where Gideon can heal them. I put your comms back in and say “Ray, Mick get back to the ship.” “Mission’s done? What was it?” Ray asks. I say “Small timers selling future weapons. But…” my words trailed off and Mick caught on “But what?” he asks. My voice starts to fade “(F/N)’s hurt badly.” I say.

Oliver’s POV (Star City 2018)

Today I decided to hold (F/N)’s funeral. Many people didn’t want to come because they didn’t want to relieve bad memories. When I got to the funeral everyone from both mine, and Barry’s team came. I could tell they were distraught and in near tears, I managed to comfort some of them. Cisco was the most upset. I could see he was visibly mortified and already tearing up. If anything, he knew (F/N) the longest. Since we couldn’t find (his/her) body we had to bury and empty coffin.

When everyone arrives I start the speech. “(F/N) (L/N) was known to us as a great friend. The world knew (him/her) as (S/N) who protected them day and night. (He/She) came to our aid multiple times, and they showed us the path when we were blind. (He/She) was more than a friend, they was family.” I say. Since this was a private funeral everyone here could hear the name (S/N). We all paid our respects, but in the end, only Cisco and myself stayed. “(He/She) could’ve made it out Oliver. Why didn’t (he/she)?.” Cisco asked me. I responded “I don’t know. Maybe (he/she) was planning to get out in time.” and turn to Cisco who’s now nearly bawling his eyes out and I almost was about to do the same. He turns and leaves while I put an arrow on his coffin and say “You were more than family to me (F/N).

Your POV

You manage to wake but you're hurt pretty badly. You notice that it’s night time and say “Gideon. Don’t wake the others.”. The AI responds with a simple “Sure thing (Mr./Ms.) (L/N). Do you need anything?” and you respond by saying “I need to know how Oliver Queen of 2018 is doing.”. Gideon then shows you a video of your funeral. Everyone is there and all you can do now is heal. You’ll see them eventually