Chapter 7: Russian Date

It took you two days to get out from Med Bay and back in the field. Your Meta Gene quickened your recovery and everyone was happy to see you, especially Sara. “Glad you’re back on your electrified feet (F/N).” Sara says. Mick pitches in and says “I was a bit worried Sparky.” You laugh with him and get caught up on a mission the team was doing. “The aberration is supposedly one of the Society members, possibly Bane, selling future blueprints for the White House to the Russian army.”

Nate says “But the problem is that none of us can properly be a soldier, general, or colonel.”. Amaya looks at you and says “You know (F/N) could fit in.” and everyone looks at you. You impress them by talking in an almost perfect Russian accent “Well I could try.” Sara doubts the idea for a second but agrees for you to go in. Gideon manages to find a generals clothes and everyone a disguise. “Okay everyone we got one shot at this and I for one don’t want to break time again.” Sara says jokingly. You snicker at that and head into the base. There’s soldiers everywhere celebrating their victory over a battle. You walk in and blend in as quickly and as smoothly as you can. You start to look around but stopped by a colonel who looks pleased with you.

“Thanks to your bravery we won this prestigious bout. Care for a celebration dance?” he asks. Your mind races and you say “Is it by any chance The Kazotsy Kick?”. He looks at you and says “Of course my good (sir/madam). We will do The Soldier of Dance.” as he signals the band at the same time. As the soldiers are dancing you kick in. (If you don’t know what the Kazotsy Kick is look up the TF2 taunt. It’s pretty much that.) So you start dancing and everyone on your team and everyone in the room from soldiers to Colonel’s were looking right at you mouths  gaped open. And little did you know Sara was looking at you with lust in her eyes wording “You’re good.” You continue dancing and hoping that Mick finds the blueprints and that you can ask Sara out on a date.

Mick’s POV

As I found the door to the basement I see Sara acting surprised by something and also wording something I couldn’t understand. When I got a closer I saw she was looking at (F/N). “Wow. Sparky's got some moves.” I say as I proceed to find the blueprints. As I walked through the basement with bombs and missiles on shelves I see a plain part of the room with just a table and the blueprints laid out in front of me. “Hey Sara. I see the blueprints but it seems suspicious.” I say in my comms. Sara responds by saying “Grab it and be ready for anything. I’ll grab (F/N) and we’ll get out of here.” I get the blueprints and head out as fast as I can. I head to the ship with Stein, Jax, Amaya, Nate and Ray behind you. “Where’s Sara and (F/N)?” Nate says to me. I look back to the barracks and say “I don’t know.”

Your POV

You finished the dance and see Sara approaching you. “It’s time to go.” she says “Mission’s done.”. “Keep your voice down. I don’t want the cover blown.” you say. The colonel who asked you to dance approaches you and Sara saying “General (L/N). The dance was astounding! I was wondering if-“ he stops and sees Sara and asks “Who is this?”. You think of something convincing as fast as your mind can think. “She’s my associate Colonel. I was hoping we would have a long talk with her about the celebration but I’m afraid it might be late for us to commence.” you lie hoping he’ll buy it.

He then has an ‘I have an idea' face. He says “Nonsense general. You can use one of the empty barracks and our army can celebrate here.” You respond saying “Thank you Colonel Petrov.” and leave with Sara in your arms. She stayed quiet the entire time that you talked to Petrov. After you got outside you saw her look at you contently and kisses you. She was sure that no one was watching as you realized she was following your plan since you both continued to one of the barracks and found that Sara was talking to Ray saying “We’re fine but we might have to stick around for a while.”. You can hear him on the comms saying “Is it part of your plan? If so you might want to hurry cause the cloak won’t last long.”

You manage to find some freshly cooked turkey, rice and peas. You think ‘This’ll be good for a Russian date.’ and get a table set without Sara knowing. After she’s done talking to Ray she turns and is in shock while you light some candles you found. You light them with your electric tipped fingers only because you couldn’t find a lighter. You could barely see her blushing under the candle light. You teleport to the next room to find some wine and pour some in the glasses on the table. “You really know how to impress a woman (F/N).” she says in a flirty voice. You blush and Sara notices. You push her chair out for her and start the date. After you both finish your meals you start talking about Star City. “So how exactly did you get involved in Oliver’s little group? You’d seem to fit in better with Flash and crew.” she asks. You say “Well when I got my powers I realized that Central City was protected by a lot of powerful Metas. And yes Star City is also protected but it didn’t have Meta like protection. So I went to Star City working in the shadows until I saw Oliver wounded. So I stuck around for training and help. I even met your dad.” and when you finish she looks at you and says “How’s he holding up without his daughter?” You hastily answer saying “He’s fine but he does miss you a lot.” She looks at you happily and says “Maybe after The Society’s done for we can return. Permanently?”

Her words catch you off guard and you say “Are you sure? The team won’t be the same without their fearless leader.” She looks at you with a smile on her face and says “Well maybe it’s time I retire from time travel.” You lean in for another kiss but before you get really into it Jax interrupts by saying “You guys have some good acting.” You both were unaware that your comms were on the entire time you were talking. “Well. That was completely unexpected.” you say like a smartass. You head out with Sara’s head on your shoulders both keeping your cover and actually enjoying the moment knowing it was real. You were happy, Sara was happy and you knew that you were going to have a long conversation with Jefferson.

A/N: Thank you for waiting for this chapter. It took me a while plus I had some family encounters today. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Oh and by the way the first 6 chapters were up because I am using Word so it'll be up as soon as I check my work over. Just to confirm your queries. Next chapter: Night of Enjoyment!