I am King

Jellal struck first. His right eye flashed and he became enveloped in golden light with a shout, "Meteor!"

He flew at Zero with incredible speed, but Zero stepped aside and dodged it effortlessly.

Rogue took a deep breath and yelled, "Shadow Dragon's Roar!"

Zero met the burst of black breath with a grin as he raised his hand up, "Dark Capriccio!"

A stream of darkness collided with the breath attack, piercing it and drilling towards Rogue. The Shadow Dragon leaped to the side and dodged the attack, and as Zero swung the spell back at him like a whip, Jellal got behind him and crossed his arms over his chest. "Heavenly Arrows!"

Several beams of light flew at Zero, who created another stream of darkness from his hand and spun around. The dark beams flailed in the air and destroyed the arrows on contact, but it gave Rogue the opening he needed. Zero finished his spin to find himself face-to-face with the Dragon Slayer.

Rogue buried his fist in shadow and caught Zero in the jaw with a roar, "Shadow Dragon's Slash!"

The Guild Master was sent flying in the opposite direction, and Jellal quickly followed up. He got in the air and created a constellation of seven stars.

"Grand Chariot!" he shouted and the stars released a burst of light that smashed Zero into the ground.

Jellal flew over to Rogue, who murmured, "Did that do it?"

"Not yet." Jellal replied.

Zero stood up from the rubble, looking relatively unscathed. He grinned at them, "Indeed, you are both impressive mages. It's a shame to crush such skilled youths, but I suppose it's time I got serious."

Suddenly the air was thick with magic power, so much so that Rogue gasped from the pressure.

Jellal tensed, "He means it. Get ready!" The Shadow Dragon just nodded, not trusting his voice from the surging magical energy.

Zero held a hand out and bellowed, "Dark Capriccio Scream!"

The beam of dark energy appeared again, but it flew at the two mages much faster this time. Rogue and Jellal just barely managed to jump aside. The Dragon Slayer tch'd as he skidded backwards, "The speed increased?!"

Zero lunged at the two, creating streams of darkness from his hands. He spun in a circle, swinging the magic like a whip, "Zero Slash!"

Jellal grunted as he was caught in the chest by the spell and Rogue screeched as it smashed into his back and pummeled him into the ground.

He got up on his hands and knees, but Zero cackled, "Not yet! You still have form! I'll crush you to nothingness!" He raised his palm at Rogue and shouted, "Dark Delete!"

Many spheres of darkness flew forward and hailed down on the Dragon Slayer, who roared in pain.

Jellal recovered and lunged at him, yelling, "Meteor!"

He punched at Zero, but the Guild Master caught his fist and elbowed him in the jaw. Before Jellal could counter, Zero created a stream of darkness from his free hand and laughed, "Dark Capriccio Scream!"

Jellal howled as the dark magic caught him in the stomach and sent him flying into the wall on the other side of the room.

Zero cackled as Jellal fell to the ground, "I'm disappointed, Jellal! I would have thought a boy with your potential, especially one that I trained myself, would have been able to counter such an obvious attack. Oh, well, it doesn't matter. You are no longer of any interest to me, but you on the other hand..."