Prologue

Mai's P.O.V.

"I'm telling you Sora! Mai will be safer in England than she is here!" Dad exclaimed.

They thought I was asleep which would've made sense since it was way past my bed time but I know something was not right. I don't have anything to prove it but I just felt it. An odd shift in my stomach said so. And it was right. Why were they sending me to England? Is it because I'm not normal?

"No! She needs us Kouichi! She needs guidance from us! I have no doubt that Martin will be able to help, but we are her parents and we had this throughout generations! It is us who will be able to help her."

I heard dad sigh before speaking up again, "then why don't we let her decide. Come out from the corner Mai."

My eyes went wide. They knew I was here? How? Was I just that predictable? I got up from my hiding place and went towards them. They looked at me sadly and dad picked me up.

"Look munchkin, do you want to go to England? You'll be safer there." Dad said gently.

"Safer? From what?", I asked.

Mom shifted around her seat before answering me. "Sweetie, have you noticed things. Things that can't be explained. Like things moving by themselves or you suddenly see visions of the future or maybe even finding yourself in a different place than where you once were?"

(I felt as if the beginning was from HP)

I nodded slowly. It was true. I did experience those and many more. Because of that, teachers and students fear me. They either bully me or ignore me. It hurts but I got used to it. I was labeled abnormal, a freak, monster, etc.

Mom cupped my cheeks, "sweetie, it's okay, you don't have to be ashamed. It's normal. It's part of who you are. You're special."

"But I don't want to be special! I want to be normal!", I wailed.

They both looked at me sadly. I knew it myself. I can never be normal. I closed my eyes as I cried buckets of tears. I heard mom and dad gasp but I was crying so hard, I barely noticed it.

"Mai, sweetie, don't look down."

That's when I felt it. Actually, no I didn't. Why don't I feel anything? I opened my eyes only to meet the ceiling.

"Mai, calm down. Listen to my voice. Calm down."

I took deep breaths and felt myself going lower and lower until I'm in daddy's arms. What just happened?

I saw dad gave mom a pointed look. Something in the lines of 'I told you so'.

Mom sighed, "one month."

Dad nodded, "that's all I want."

Meanwhile ~

Martin and Oliver were hardly seen through the paper mountain on Martin's office. Eugene and Oliver were taken to Martin's office to show them the heads of being a psychic researcher. After an hour, it seems like only Oliver was left interested. Gene, on the other hand was talking to one of the employees.

"This seems like a worthy case." Martin said.

Oliver shook his head, "no, I don't think so. The light problems could be because of the old circuit needing to be fixed, the whistling sound is probably and most likely the wind, and lastly, it says here that the woman who claimed things are moving by themselves has short term memory loss."

Martin and Gene sighed. Martin, because they haven't had a case in nearly a month, and Gene because he got his hopes up that there will be another case. Oliver rolled his eyes at the two.

"If you're so bored Gene, why not do your homework?"

Gene made a disgruntled sound , "don't wanna, why don't you do yours?"

Oliver smirked, "stupid medium, I already did."

Gene rolled his eyes, "whatever you idiot scientist."

Martin chuckled, "now boys, be nice. I know that school isn't fun."

'When was it ever?' , Gene thought to Oliver.

'Gene get out of my head!' Oliver shouted telepathically.

"-but you must know that -", Martin was cut off from finishing from a ring coming from his phone. He saw the name and asked, "boys, would you be so kind to step out for a moment? Daddy needs to take this call."

Gene shrugged, "sure dad."

Oliver followed Gene, "we'll be at the library Martin."

Said man sweat dropped. What do I have to do to get him to call me father? Martin looked at the number and let off a small gasp. He hasn't seen or heard of this man and his wife since....he quickly calculated in his head.......since 6 years. The last they spoke to each other, Sora and Kouichi moved to their motherland to raise their 2 years old daughter and Martin and Luella were talking about adopting 4 years old Gene and Oliver.

"Moshi moshi" Martin greeted in Japanese.....very badly might he add.

"Save yourself from embarrassment, don't.", Kouichi replied in English.

"Well, it has been a long time since I last spoke Japanese.", defended Martin.

Even though it was just a call and not a video chat, Martin swore that he could see Karino smiling. "By the way you spoke, I figured that."

Martin rolled his eyes, "what do you want Kouichi?"

"It's my daughter."

"Your daughter? What about her?", using one hand, Martin held the phone while the right hand, he assorted the papers in his desk.

"You're well aware of my family history, are you not?"

"Of course I am! Heck your mother was there, nose high as a mountain and practically announced it to me."

"We think...no..we know the genes passed down to Mai."

Martin paused at what what he was doing with his right arm. ESP, PK-LT, Cl- you probably know the rest. But still, it shocked him to the bone that an 8 years old girl is that powerful.

"-out of control! Martin, as a father you do know what it feels like to protect your children don't you?"

"Of course I do!"

"Then please, help me. Mai needs to learn how to control her abilities."

"Very well, I'll help her. Think of is as a thank you for saving me life all those years ago."

"Thank you. Expect Mai and I there in a week."

Martin's eyes widened, "a week?"

Beep

Beep

Beep

"Did he just hung up on me?", Martin said out loud.

He placed his phone down and sighed. This is not going to be easy. Training a regular psychic or even one with  a weaker ability would take years to properly master, but to have a Taniyama to train......Martin closed his eyes. But hey, at least the twins will have a play mate....or at least Gene will.