Years later...

Mai's P.O.V.

     Years has passed by like a breeze and I'm finally turning 18! Zooming past everything, I slid down from the rails of the stairs and rushed off to the dining room ignoring Lin trying to warn me on how dangerous that was only to be stopped by Madoka who asked him when did I do something that wasn't dangerous. Yesh, I'm not that of a 'danger magnet' as Naru dubs me as.

"You should really stop that Mai." Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

I stuck my tongue out as a response. Because I'm amazing and mature. He rolls his eyes at my 'childish behavior' and flocked over to help Luella with the decorations while Gene was giving some assistance to Martin for the guest list.

I just leaned back against the wall with a smile on my face and thought back on the previous years. Two years after I moved to London, dad died. Apparently, it was a hold up but the guy just killed him and ran off with everything he had. He's now in jail though, serves him right. After dad died, mom was never the same. Though she tried to put a face, I saw right through it. Being near Naru helped that. It wasn't long before she left too. Cancer.

Orphaned.

Lonely.

Alone.

That's what I felt during the funeral. And when the Japanese government tried to bring me back to place me in an orphanage, someone already filed for custody over me. Still, I stayed in the orphanage for a week before they were granted the custody for me and we traveled back to London.

Though, despite popular belief. It wasn't Martin and Luella. Though they tried and were shot down, it was actually Lin. Surprise! The guy who hates Japanese people adopted one. But to be honest, having Lin as a guardian wasn't all that bad. Though there were it's downsides.

I still remember one time when a guy first asked me out. From then on, our relationship flourished. And when it was time to meet the parents..... I swear I just left them alone for a minute or two to fetch tea but he ran out paler than Naru. Lin just sat there, in his chair, grinning like a pirate who struck gold.

When the Davis' found out they all held the same reaction. Amused. Gene was rolling on the floor, Naru simply smirked, Martin shook his head with a small smile on his lips and Luella, well she was just happy that he was gone. She said I quote, 'he should've never asked you out in he first place if he was going to chicken out.....Noll dear when you ask a girl out, you wouldn't do that would you?' End quote.

Ever since we were young teens, Luella paired Naru and I together. Gene was her first thought of pushing me with, but we both assured her that we were more like siblings only for her to think we did that because I had a thing for Naru. Gene was laughing like a hyena throughout the time, but I was blushing at the mere thought of being with Naru that she thought she got it right.

I tried to convince her that, at was not the case, but she would have no room for it. It only got worse when Naru kissed me. It was like traditional for us to kiss each other on the cheek to say goodbye, but I stopped doing that with Gene when we got older because it got awkward and he had a girlfriend. Naru on the other was offended when I didn't kiss him goodbye so he tried to kiss me, but I turned around only for it to land on my lips.

And she just happened to open the door.

I swear she just broke down crying that she may actually have a daughter-in-law from Naru. We tried to calm her down only for it to worsen and when Martin came, he asked why she was crying. Luella told him it were tears of joy that Naru might actually have interest in the opposite sex and they may expect a grandchild from him in the future.