Birthday Surprise

READER'S POV

A while had passed since that incident with Cordelia and Ritcher. Theirs and Aiko's final words still trouble me every now and then, however, I did my best not to let to let it bother me too much. Things were at peace for a while, well, except for the brothers still craving for mines and Yui's blood and me torturing and beating the crap out of her but, I still can't help but feel uneasy.

"Oy! earth calling Doll-chan!"

Laito called out to me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"It's your turn."

I looked at the pool table and I spoke up.

"Uh, right, sorry."

I aimed my cue stick at the white ball and Laito then spoke up.

"Are you all right? you were spacing out just now."

"I'm fine, I guess I'm still reeling from the recent events, honestly, I'm still slightly shocked to learn that I'm Aiko reborn, I'll bet it was a shock to you guys."

I said as I struck cue stick at the white ball and it struck at the red ball and it went into the pocket. I backed away to let Laito look at where he was going to make his move next.

"It was a shock to us, Reiji couldn't understand how it was possible, we used to think that humans being reborn into this world wasn't possible but, here you are living proof."

"Hehe, got that right."

I said with a smile and then Laito looked at the spot where my wound was since I was wearing an elbow length (F/c|) jacket, my usual wrist accessories, (F/c) T-shirt that didn't cover my stomach or my sides, (F/c) jeans with suspenders and my combat boots.

"At least your injury is all better now."

Laito said with a smirk as he struck his cue stick at the white ball but he missed his shot. I smirked at this and I then took my position.

"Well I've got you to thank for, you did tell me that once my injury was all healed up it was going to leave a scar and it was going to be a bit disturbing for me so you decided to use your healing saliva and lick my wound until it's all healed up."

Laito chuckled and I struck my cue stick at the white ball again and then two of the cue balls went into the pockets. Laito frowned and he then smirked at me.

"I know and your blood was so~ good as always~ ah~"

Laito said with a blush and I frowned at his perverted attitude. I got behind him and when he was about to take his next shot I shoved the end of my cue stick up his butt making Laito miss his next shot. Laito frowned at me while I smirked at him.

"Sorry, my bad~ mmm."

I stuck my tongue out at Laito cheekily while he shook his head and he then smirked at me.

"But, other than that, have you noticed that Bitch-chan has been coming back home late on some nights?"

"Yeah I have but, it's not my concern on where she goes, it's really not my business and I'm not her babysitter either."

Laito looked at me shocked as I took my final shot at the remaining ball.

"That's a cold shoulder."

"I know, I'm not known as the ice queen for nothing you know."

I said as I took my final shot and the black and yellow cue balls went into the pockets declaring me the winner. Laito grumbled when he saw this and I smirked at him.