Chapter 16

Four weeks past and the school was in exam season so the young couple had been quite busy. Most of Caitlin's exams were all quite near the beginning of the week whereas Barry had his a lot more spread out so she was helping him to study. Particularly for French because he was getting very worked up and worried about it.

Right now, they were sat in a quiet corner of the school library all alone studying together during lunchtime. There was less than an hour before their French exam and while Caitlin was still being her usual studious self, in comparison to Barry she was completely laid back whilst trying to assure him.

"Look, Barry, honey you will be fine. You do great and amazing whenever we study. You have improved enormously since I started tutoring you and I know as your tutor and your girlfriend that you'll do great. I know you will, I believe, you should too," she assured, squeezing his hand.

"I have improved because I've had you and your teaching and encouragement. But I don't want to let you down and mess up... there's a lot at stake here," he replied, shaking his head at her.

"Don't sell yourself short, baby, you will be amazing. Just you watch and I will be proved right. Just you wait," she disagreed.

"You really have that much faith in me?" Barry questioned doubtfully, his heart warming at the notion of how much she believed in him even when he didn't. It actually gave him some confidence in himself to do this.

"Of course I do, I love you... that reminds me of something that I have to do and I'm surprised that I haven't done it before now but I really should before I forget. I want everyone to know about us..." she replied, grabbing her phone and typing and doing something for a minute or so. As she finished,  Barry heard a notification on his own phone so grabbed it from his pocket. A Facebook notification.

After entering his passcode, he followed the notification and found himself on Caitlin's status. 'Caitlin Tannhauser-Snow is in a relationship with Barry Allen' it read.

It was such a simple sentence yet it still make his heartbeat uneven and his knees go weak. Caitlin was his girlfriend. He knew this but seeing it written down just made it sink in. After a few seconds of staring, he quickly kissed her cheek then changed his own status from single to in a relationship with Caitlin Tannhauser-Snow.

"I love you, Caity," he whispered, leaning onto her forehead and rubbing his nose against hers.

"I love you too, Bar," she replied softly and dreamily and quickly pressed her lips to his to savour the moment. They had been officially a couple for a long time now but it was nice for everyone to really know about them. People still didn't accept them as a couple but they didn't care because they were in love and that was all that mattered.

After the exam, the young couple reunited outside of the exam hall with a tight embrace and kiss.

"So how was it?" Caitlin asked, raising an eyebrow at him secretly already knowing the answer to her own question.

"It went really well actually. A lot better than expected so I guess you were right after all. You always are," Barry replied with a smile, pecking her cheek then lips.

"See I told you so. I knew that you could do it. I told you so. All you had to do was believe and you did it," she smiled happily with an all-knowing look.

"Yep, you were right but it was probably just your tutoring and encouragement that helped. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you so thank you so so much, Caity. And I love you so much," he replied, kissing her cheek once again making her blush deep crimson red.

"Nonsense, you had the ability but you just needed some help bringing it out and that's all I did. I always knew that you could do it and I was right after all. All you ever needed was the confidence to do it and you did," she disagreed,  bumping her shoulder with his with a playful smile on the side.