Chapter 7

Hey guys PLEASE READ THIS. Some people are confused about the school system and I guess I never explained why Val is only in college (year 13). People have asked why she isn't in university. So clear it up I'll explain.

Val never graduated from High School, in America. Like I said in the first chapter, when she was younger she skipped a grade. She was only 16 when she moved to England with her dad and left in the middle of the year. So when she moved to the UK it set her back, a reason being her age and she ended up going to College (years 12 &13).

Hope that helps with the confusion :)

Chapter 7

Valerie's POV

After a moment by myself I decided to walk outside just to see where Brad went. I found him out in the back having a smoke? He was wearing a grey sweater all night, but now it was rolled up to his elbow and you can clearly see a few tattoos. I walked up behind him and he clearly heard me.

"Want a smoke? Or are you not into that too?" He said turning around. Okay where did the attitude come from?

"No actually I'm not. It's disgusting and revolting just like you." I don't think I've ever said anything so mean or rude to anyone in my whole life. I mean yeah me and my friends jokes around but I wasn't really joking. Although I don't think he's like that at all. I just have to stand my ground if he's going to be an asshole.

"Ooo touchy are we?" He said back. Before I could say anything this phone went off and he answered it.

"What do you want Tris? Kind of in the middle of something." He said as the phone met his ears. Who's Tris? And why do I even care? I've been asking myself that question a lot.

"No! And why should I care? That's James' fucking fault." He responded to the other line getting mad.

"Ugh. Fuck it. I'll be there soon." He said hanging up then turned to me.

"Be where soon?" I asked.

"A pub. I've got some business to handle. So get your stuff. I'll drop you home." He said to me so bluntly, it's like he already forgot what happened just a few minutes ago.

The entire ride back to my house was quiet. No a single word was said. I could tell he was too focused on something else. He was tense and not his somewhat, deceiving flirty self. I was honestly too scared to ask what was wrong. But it didn't matter, because right when I wanted to we pulled up to my house.

"I'll erm, see you Monday" he said, trying not to sound angry.

"Yeah. Night." Was all I could respond, before getting out of his car and walking inside.

I went straight to my room and looked at the clock. It was still pretty early, it was almost 9. I wasn't even there for a full two hours and everything went so wrong. But it all felt so right and scary.

Thankfully my grandparents still keep our Netflix account going, mainly for my sister, but I use it probably everyday. I decided to re-watch one of my favorite shows 'Skins', the UK version. Not the shitty American one they attempted a few years ago. Nothing beats the original.

*3 hours later*

My eyes have been basically hooked my laptop for the past 3 hours before I looked at the time. It was already midnight and I was tired. Today was too long and all I want to do is just sleep it all away and hope it was all a dream. I realized I still had 20 minutes of this episode, so I plugged my headphones in and continued it.

I kid you not, not even 5 minutes later I thought I started hearing noises. I thought it might have been background noises from the show, but they were in a park, and it sounded like someone was ringing and knocking on my front door.