Chapter 8

Val's POV

It's 3 in the morning and I can not sleep. All I keep thinking about is the beaten up boy with cuts and bruises, who's downstairs. I feel sorry for him in some kind of way. The things is, I don't know what to feel sorry for. How did this all even happen?

More thoughts wonder through my mind and I can shut them out.

"Hey, can I come in?" Brad says as he knocks on the room door which is already open. I didn't even notice him standing there.

"Are you okay?" I asked turning on the small lamp beside my bed.

"I can't sleep. Just the couch...it's not the comfiest place to sleep." He said laughing while smiling down. I notice that shirt was still off and the bruises were still visible.

"Yeah I know. We're trying to get a new set. That couch wasn't made for sleeping on." I babbled on. Then I realized the last part of that sentence sounded wrong. And so did he.

"Oh really? Then what's it made for?" He said with a grin on his face as he walks towards me and sits down on the bed beside me.

"You know what I meant!" I said rolling my eyes.

"Sure I did babe!"

"You can sleep on the floor." I said ignoring his comment.

"That's worst than the couch. Plus your bed's a queen. It can fit us both" he said winking as he put one hand over me so it was resting on the bed. Now I was getting nervous again.

"You're intoxicated and very drunk. Of course it's going to be hard for you to understand No!"

"You're damn right about that. And I don't take 'No' as an answer." He said as he crawled over me to get to the empty space on the bed. This conversation doesn't even make sense right now.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Don't worry" he said rolling his eyes "Can't I at least be comfortable until I get sleepy? Then I'll go on the floor. Promise."

"Fine. Just stay back and I'm putting this pillow between us." Was all I said before turning the lamp off. I was not in the mood to argue. I was actually sleepy, now that I wasn't worrying, well as much.

Brads POV

I watched Valerie as she drifted into sleep and just kept watching her. I realized that she no make up on when she turned on that lamp. She's actually fucking beautiful. Did I really just say that? But it's true. There are tons of girls on that campus that you wouldn't think twice about banging. But there's something that's just different about Val. I didn't want to get to know her body, well as of now. I wanted to know her.

My eyes suddenly flutter open to an unfamiliar room. Where the fuck am I? I realize my hand of around someone. Valerie. Did we...? I can't remember anything. I looked under the sheets and we're both fully dressed, well I'm half dressed. I took my phone out if my pocket and check the time. It was now around 11. Shit. How did I even get here? Last thing I remember is those fucking punks running away after the feud. I hate that I had to purposely let them beat the shit out if me. Always one step ahead.

I quietly snuck out of Val's bed and walked downstairs. While I'm here might as well steal something to eat. My phone started buzz. It was James.

"Hey man. Where the fuck are you?" He said.

"Uhh...at that girls house. The one I went on a date with last night" I said.

"Did you sleep with her? You did, didn't you?" James said.