chapter 3: What happened to you!

Katie's POV

When sans had finally slowed down his running i gave another attempt to escape. Sans glared at me and threw me on to the ground with harshness. He grabbed me by the restraints and pulled me to his face.

He looks so different. Back when we were kids he wore nothing but a blue hoodie and gym shorts. Now he's got blue lines on his face and he's wearing a different type of hoodie. I felt tear threaten to fall. They burned in to my eyes like a fiery rain. I tried not to cry in front of him, but it was so hard not to. " awe...is the little princess going to cry?". I looked away in defeat. " w...why are you being so mean to me?". " why?....why? I'll tell you why.your the princess of the underground. If i have you as a hostage, i could do some serious ransoms.".

" sans i don't understand, what happened, what made you want to take me away for ransoms?".

He paused for a moment. His face darkened. " i don't need to tell you why...just keep your mouth shut before i shut it for you!" he barked at me. Not wanting to anger him any further i kept my mouth shut the rest of the....um...ride to where ever he was taking me.

Arriving at our destination we came upon a small opening in the forest of snowdin. I have to admit, seeing this place really brought back more memories. We all would be out here having snowball fights playing tag, hide and go seek. All the fun games played as a kid.

After all of these years of hanging out with him and his brother. He turned out to be a rebel. To be honest, i thought he would want to capture human souls to be free, he never did like me or chara that much. He would always be so cautious whenever papyrus and i went out to play, giving me the evil eye or silently glare at me, but at moments we did bond a little bit. I was never to brave to ask him why he never liked me, but thinking it about i am human, humans were the ones who trapped them down here so i can understand why he has a hate for them.

" ey! Listening to me?" a rough voice ripped through my thoughts. I broke out of it and looked at sans. " w..what?". I grew more afraid when he growled at me, i looked away from him and sighed. " s...s..sorry." i squeaked out. " i...i was just...thinking....".

" about what? Finding a way to escape?!".

" n..n..no no i..i was just thinking about the times...when we were kids and we use to play on the playground when ever your father took us out here.....r...r..remember?.".

His face darkened a bit. " yeah...i remember...when we went on the jungle gym you and pap would always play tag and chase one another for bo reason what so ever...." he paused before he stopped walking. " then after that you, papyrus and me played princess and knight and....you two would have so much fun together, i look back at the memories every day....look...im sorry i have to do this princess...i don't want to do this but...its a strict order placed by toriel to get you and bring you back.".

My heart dropped. " y..you mean..my...mother? My mother wants me? N..no no she's just gonna keep me locked up again! What about my freedom! Or my friends i made!.....what about papyrus!". He flinched when i said his brothers name. "After all of these years i finally get to see him again...but once i get to see him fully grown i get kidnapped and now im probably never going to see him again!". I nearly shouted at him, from his expression he was shocked at my outburst and a little bit guilty, good he should be. I puffed my cheeks and spoke again this time in a little more louder tone. "In so such time i had never seen him and his brother, i felt nothing. Now i see them both now....seeing how their against each other. It hurts me on the inside. What happened to the sweet brothers that loved each other? What happened to the big brother always there for his younger brother? What happened to that sans?!".

I felt tears rip my eyes. I gave out a small sniffle and let them fall down my face. I felt him put me on my feet and place his hand on my shoulders. Still having the restraints around me he pulled me in to a hug and gently patted my back.

" * sniff* ..s..s..sans..."

" yes princess?".

" d...do you...hate me?".

He stopped and pulled me away form the hug and looked me deep in the eyes. " no no princess....why would you think that?". " i...i don't know,...y...you just...you found out i was still alive, you found me with papyrus and then kidnapped me and yelled at me...and..and...when we were young....you were always so hateful towards chara...and...and"

" was i ever hateful towards you?"

I nodded.

" How?".

" t..the glares you sent me...and the evil looks.".

" those weren't towards you...those were towards the brats who tried to hurt you and papyrus.".

" w...what do you mean? No body tried to..".

" they were...just trust me when i say this...i loved it when you came over to visit. Seeing pap that happy made me happy....and the whole thing between me and chara is just an inside joke we did."

" i..it was?."

" yes. We were just messin around with each other....but.now...papyrus and i...look..i...let's not talk about it now, lets just head to base ok....im sure your excited to see your mom right?".

" y...yeah..of course..just..i hope she doesn't fo the same thing father did and keep me locked up in my room"

He smiled softly and lifted my chin up to make me look at him. " hey don't worry..im sure you'll be able to but with someone to watch you....that is...if they can catch you." He said as he undid my restraints. I smiled back at him and hugged him tightly. " thank you sans." " your welcome kiddo..now just take that path there and it should take you back to waterfall, but that's up to you if you wanna take it. That path also leads to the castle if you take it a certain way.".

" a...alright. Thank you" i hugged him one last time then ran down the path again this time pulling my hoodie on to my head.

' why did he just let me go like that?...did he feel bad when i started to cry? What ever it was i thank you deeply sans. '

I ran faster and faster down the path. ' im coming my prince. I'll be there soon.'.

Papyrus's pov

My eyes widened in horror while i watched my princess get kidnapped by my brother. I raced down the path as fast as i could. My limbs pushing me harder and harder telling me to go faster. ' she needs you! Go to her!'. I thought as i kept running down the path.

' im coming princess.'

Word count 1254