Let's Party

The wedding solemnization went smoothly and the reception was the bomb. Rhapsody had been Meredith's chief bridesmaid and personal guard all through the solemnization, but had left her side to catch some fun at the reception. The DJ had the music on so loud, and the decorators had used a dance hall theme, creating a large center stage with multicoloured lights, so that the reception looked like a rave. A gentleman walked up to me and asked if I'd like to dance. I agreed.

I danced and was having a good time until someone tapped me from behind. It was Alisa, Meredith's best friend in and outside the Navy. She looked worried, so I excused myself and followed her to a corner where we could hear each other speak without yelling.
"What is it?" I began.
"I can't find Meredith." She complained.
"She was sitting there a few minutes ago! Are you sure she's not in the dance floor somewhere? You know she likes the raves." I said, hoping to dispel her worries. She leaned in, closer to me.
"I've searched the dance hall North. This is not Halloween. I should've seen her. She disappeared about the same time that gentleman asked you to dance."

Alert, I stared at the man. He was staring back at us, then he turned suddenly and disappeared in the crowd. This was it! It all smelled of fishy!!
"Don't loose him!" I ordered.
"What about Meredith?" She asked, making to leave.
"Leave that to me." She nodded and hurried into the dance floor, in the direction of my dance partner.

Whipping out my Motorola Z Play, I opened my GPS and connected to the chip I had stuck in Meredith's skirts. It zoned in immediately showing me locations in the building I didn't find hard to follow. I was a few turns away from my target, when a leg shot out of nowhere and almost levelled me flat. Years of training came to the fore. I blocked the kick with both hands, and my phone crashed to the ground and skittered away.

Backing up, my attacker came to the light. It was a super slim blonde female in a bright red knee length dress, and an annoying shade of equally bright red lipstick. Talk about a majorly disturbed fashion freak? She had to be on that list! She blocked my path, legs spread on devastatingly high and pointy heeled shoes. She was one of the guests.
"Who are you? What do you want? And why are you blocking my path?" I asked
"You're not supposed to be here." She said. "Go back!"
"I never knew there was security for the loo."  I snapped at her.
"Go back!" She hissed.
"You're not a guard I see! Take a walk and let me through." I ordered.
"Leave now!"
"Or what?" I fired.
"Or this!" She threw something at me and I bent sideways as it flew past my neck and embedded itself on the wall right behind me. Shockwaves shot through me as I saw what it was - A ninja star!

She charged me immediately, but I focused on her weakest spot, her ankles. She lunged to catch me by my neck, but I went down, shooting out a leg and doing a 360° turn, sweeping her deftly off her feet. She landed with a gasp and I silenced her with a well aimed blow.

Dusting my hands with satisfaction that she was not getting up anytime soon, I dislodged the star from the wall and continued toward the direction of the blinking light, grateful my phone hadn't turned off from the fall. I had found it lying unharmed at a corner. The dot stopped suddenly, not far from me. I followed it and found myself in the ladies' bathroom. Leaning in, I opened the door as noiselessly as I could and slipped in.