Chapter 1

Ikebukoro.

That's where it all happened. Or rather, that's where it all always happens. Dullahans, color gangs, evil laboratories, yakuzas and mind-manipulating sword wielding (tight jumpsuit wearing) women.

On this particular day though, everything seems normal. As normal as it can get in a crowded metropolitan area.

Normal means that two thugs are surrounding an innocent school girl only to be driven away by some fanatics in a van. Police officers are speeding after a certain black bike with no number plates. In front of a sushi shop, a large man is trying to get customers to come in. But they're avoiding him due to his towering figure.

In a city as large as Ikebukoro, something is always happening behind the scenes. Storms are always brewing and a single man's sorrow is as insignificant as an insects.

A girl is quickly walking across the road, clutching her bag in both hands. She's keeping her head down so as to avoid being recognized, tucking her jet black hair under her baseball cap. She stops briefly in front of an electronics shop where the televisions are displaying news with blaring headlines: 'Shinjiku Station Bombing.' She gulps as her heartbeat quickens. She takes a deep breath and goes on her way.

Outside Raira General Hospital, there is a horde of cameramen and reporters. Policemen are standing guard outside the gates and keeping the press at bay. A squad car halts outside the main gate as some officials exit. The reporters attack them immediately asking a multitude of questions. The police officers escort them safely inside the building.

"Kuri-nee! Come take a look! There's so much going on!" Mairu Orihara says excitedly. She is staring at the scene from one of the top windows. Her older twin is sitting on the hospital bed, her arm in a cast. She is reading through various online threads; that are reporting that Yuhei Hanejima was at the site of the blast.

Mairu glides over to her bed, her head bandaged. "There's paparazzi outside. And I think I saw the police commissioner come in!" She sits beside Kururi and grabs both her hands, "If he's here then the rumors must be true. Yuhei must be in this hospital! And if he's here it means he goes undercover in public so that no one will recognize him. And was at the station when the bomb went off!" She lets out a long breath and winces comically, "What if we passed him without knowing who he was?! Oh! Such a tragedy!"

Kururi nods in agreement. She continues to slide through the posts. Rumors are that the star is in a coma. The two decide to go search for his room later.

Ruri Hijiribe sits in the waiting room, hands on her knees and expressionless. There are quite a number of people here. Some for the other injured, as well as Yuhei's manager and some other policemen she doesn't know of.

She was not with Kasuka because she had been attending an interview. She came as soon as she heard, as that is what dutiful girlfriends do.

"Ruri-chan! So nice to see you here!" she looks up to see Shinra. The doctor who had fixed her when she was injured. Who also, probably knows about her secret. The underground doctor sits across from her. "Is there any news about Yuhei?"

Ruri shakes her head "He is still unconscious." Shinra lets out a breath and pauses, "I see. Since you're sitting out here I'm guessing only family is allowed to enter"

She nods again, not showing any emotion.

He hums and stares at the ceiling. Although it looks like she doesn't care, she's been sitting here for hours. Shinra briefly wishes that Shizuo was here and not prowling the city. Although he understands where he's coming from. Shizuo cares more for Kasuma than anyone else in this world. They're family after all. Shinra smiles inwardly. Anyone encountering the blond man today is as good as dead.