Chapter 2

The next morning, Midori woke up with a start. She rolled over in her bed, closing her eyes for a minute. The dreams were awful.

Sighing, she got up, ready to start the day.

She took a bath, brushed her teeth, and then heated up the leftover sushi. There was an unused TV set lying in the corner, so she dragged it over and turned it on. She finally sat down cross legged on the small table and was having her breakfast when her cell phone chimed.

She swiped the screen and opened up the text message.

'Sector 8 Building 12 Apartment 3B'

Midori blinked and read the rest of the message. She quickly got up and went to her room for a change of clothes. She smiled to herself. The morning was hot but she'd already gotten a lead!

She quickly got dressed. Applied a bit of makeup for good measure and picked up her bag.

Closing the door behind her she made her way to a bus stop.

As she boarded the bus, a jet black bike raced down the road. For a split second, the driver to the bike turned towards her. A yellow helmet and black jumpsuit. In a flash it was gone. 'Huh.' Midori wondered 'Odd.' But she didn't dwell too much on it and got on.

She got off in an area near the Shinjuku Station. This reminded her, maybe she should call Mikado-kun and meet up. She'd heard that Ikebukuro was beautiful at night; maybe they could show her around.

Walking up to the apartment complex, she felt slightly nervous. She didn't know who she was getting with. She hadn't told either of her parents what she was doing or why she was here. She'd told mother she was going to live with father for a while. And she'd told her father that she needed to be alone for a while.

The advantage of having barely-there parents is that they don't meddle in your affairs. Sure, this makes you feel like they don't care either; she sighed.

She walked up to the correct building and got in the elevator. She got off on the seventh floor. She walked down the hallway and stood in front of the door. Taking a deep breath, she pressed the bell.

After a moment, a tall woman opened it.

"What?" She asked with a scowl.

Midori blinked and for a split second thought she'd gotten the wrong address. Quickly, she took out her phone to double check as the woman stared her down. Finally, she answered.

"I'm here for Orihara Izaya."

~~~~

The city was bustling with crimes, and so was the city's main police station.

Among the busy officers coming and going, a woman sat behind her desk. Her desk plate read 'Police Detective Watanabe Rize'.

She was writing up work reports, and absently toyed with her red hair in boredom. She was interrupted, however, by the sound of a file being dropped on the desk. She look up to see the Lieutenant staring down at her.

"New case, Watanabe." He said and sat down on the opposite chair.

"Oh. What about?" She promptly picked up the case file and opened it. Skimming though the first picture she said, "Suicide?"

"Murder." Lieutenant Korosuke corrected.

Upon further inspection of the file, Rize observed that the victim had a skull-with-flowers tattoo on his neck. She raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, that's the same one-"
"It is. Same tattoo as the two bodies we found last month."

Rize sighed a she read through it. "Same cause of death too. This is beginning to look gang related."