Log Date, December 25th {Reaper76}

TW:
     -Sad/Angst
Includes:
     -twisting the original lore
     -Christmas celebrations
     -mentions of major character death
     -Jack listening to voice logs from Gabriel
     -Flashbacks
     -Jack having a panic attack
-before Reaper and Soldier76 days
     -2328 words for your viewing pleasure
-----

"Log date, December 25th."

Breathless, the voice sounds breathless. Jack hears gunshots and explosions and can hear shifting and a grunt of pain.

"Merry Christmas, I guess. I hope everyone at home is doing okay."

Jack breathes in heavy before resting his head on the table and listening, tucking his eyes into his arms as he listens.

"Soldier 58, Gabriel Martin Reyes, that's me." Jack heard the others chuckle and he couldn't help but smile at the sound of it, just relaxing a little at the familiar and refreshing sound.

"I hope everyone had a good year. I did, but recently the days haven't gone as smoothly." Jack heard a loud swallow. "I hope for snow, this Christmas. I don't see snow though, but I wish it would snow here. I pray for reindeer and mistletoe, gingerbread houses and Christmas lights."

Jack ran his hand down his own face, trying not to cry as he shifted, making sure his headphones wouldn't be falling out. He ran his fingers over his desk before tucking his head back into his arms.

"I wish for cherry red lipstick stains and pleasantly wrapped presents. I want Jesse to get those three stupid movies he always wanted to watch. I want Ana to get to see her daughter again, she keeps complaining about how she never sees her."

Jack turned his head to wipe his tears on his sleeve, looking at the empty wall beside him.

"I wish that Lena could get her first car, I wish that Angela could just fuck Genji already, I wish that Reinhardt could finally find a stable bar table, I wish that Genji could come to terms with his brother, I wish that Torbjörn could spend his Christmas with that wife of his, I wish that Amelie could find a place in her heart to forgive me, and for..."

Jack heard a pause, a sniffle and a sob before he heard Gabe begin to speak again.

"For Jack, I wish... I wish we could've had those kids he wanted. I wish our wedding would've been happier, I wish we could've gotten that quaint little apartment in the middle of no where Mexico. But for his Christmas, I want him to be happy, because for all of our lives I put all my problems onto him. I was older, I was wiser, I was smarter, but all the same I was... troubled."

Jack paused the voice recording and screamed as he threw it aside, sobbing into his arms as he gripped at the sleeves of his jacket. He trembled with sobs, memories flooding into him and weighing his shoulders down ten fold. He remembered all the days he told Gabe he didn't want his job, the days he told him he wished to run away and never look back. He didn't know how much he was hurting the one he loved most with his words of ungratefulness. He stood up, shoving his chair back and shoving his foot into his desk and falling to the floor, gripping at his own blonde hair and trembling with loud sobs. He heard his door swing open and heels click against the floor before feeling Ana's hands on his shoulders.

"Jack, Jack!" She yelled at him, shaking him before sighing and sitting in front of him. She placed her hands gently on the back of his head and pulled him close, resting his head on her shoulder as she rubbed her hand along the back of his head.

"What's wrong, Jack?" She whispered to him and he just shook his head, gripping onto Ana's coat. "Is it Gabe?"

Jack just nodded, and Ana just sighed. She rubbed her hands up and down his back calmingly, letting the overworked commander sob into her coat. Jack cried until he couldn't cry anymore, but dry sobs screamed out of him as he clung to the woman's coat. He trembled into her and she just shushed him and pushed his hair out of his face. They sat like that for a while, warm comfort coming from the shorter woman.