Realization

"Maaya!" Orihime yelled at me. I could feel her healing me, and I didn't feel like I was on the brink of death. I opened my eyes to see tears streaming down her face.

I heard a loud crash and my eyes snapped over to the sound.

"Oh she's alive," Aizen said as he deflected Ulquiorra's attack with ease.

"Leave the girls alone," Ulquiorra yelled as he sent a cero flying at Aizen.

"You're not the espada you once were. You are never going to be as strong as you were," he taunted as he dodged the cero.

"Get Maaya out of here!" Ulquiorra yelled at Rukia and Orihime.

"No, don't make me leave!" I yelled.

"Don't be stupid! You have Orihime with you, she's the one you wanted to save. Now get out!"

"You need to be safe too!" I yelled at him and he stopped his attack on Aizen.

"So touching." Aizen said, snapping us back to reality. 

"Ulquiorra the only way you'll ever be as powerful as you once were is if you kill Maaya."

Ulquiorra glared at Aizen. His hand gripped his sword tightly.

"I always believed that focusing on anyone but yourself makes you weak," Ulquiorra said. 

Ulquiorra flash stepped to be in front of Aizen and tried to hit Aizen. Aizen dodged. 

Ulquiorra followed him, trying his best to end this fight.

"But, having a purpose to fight for, having to fight for someone and protect them; well that makes it so much more meaningful to fight." 

Aizen glared at Ulquiorra as Ulquiorra's sword came into contact with his chest. His sword only grazed him, but it was enough to stun everyone.

"You are truly a fool," Aizen smirked.

"Ulquiorra!" I yelled out. I weakly lifted my arm and focused all my energy on sending Aizen flying across the room. 

"Do you really think that's going to work?" Aizen chuckled.

"I'm really tired of this, it's time to end this," he said. 

"Rukia get the girls out of here!" Ulquiorra yelled as Aizen lunged at him. 

Ulquiorra wasn't fast enough. Aizen's sword pierced his in the center of his chest. I saw Ulquiorra's eyes widen.

"No!" I yelled and tried to get up as Ulquiorra fell to the ground. Aizen had just been toying with Ulquiorra. He just wanted to have his own sick twisted fun. 

Aizen yanked his sword out from Ulquiorra and Ulquiorra spit out blood. 

My heart sank deep into my stomach. I got up and ran over to him

"Maaya!" Orihime yelled at me. I didn't care how much pain I was in, I didn't care. Ulquiorra please don't leave like this. 

I reached him and got onto my knees.

"You stupid, stupid girl," he choked out. He grabbed my hand, and tears streamed down my face. 

"You're going to be okay," I said as I put a barrier around us and was just about to heal him. My vision was really blurry, I still was in bad shape.

"No Maaya," Ulquiorra said as he realized what I was doing. "You will die if you do that. I can't bear that," he said. 

"I can't let you die," I cried as I started to heal him.