Chapter 3

*6 Weeks Before*

Annabelles POV:

Tyler was different.  I could tell he was different.  I don’t mean that in the cliche way, like, no he’s different, he is actually different than the rest of the people I know.  He’s quiet but he has the loudest mind I have ever known and one day I wish to be a part of it.  I want to be a part of him.  I think I love him, or the idea of who he is, who he could be, who he strives to be.

I smiled at him as he wrote in his journal.  It seemed to be the only thing he ever did, but I didn’t mind, I loved watching him work.

“Tyler watcha writing?” I whispered to him.  He quickly covered his sheet and looked at me.  “Nothing” he smiled back.  I knew he was hiding something though, I needed to figure out what was in his notebook.

“C’mon, we gotta go to lunch.” I said pulling him up and dragging him towards the cafeteria.

“Fine” he smiled and grabbed my hand.  We walked up to Andrew and his girl toy.  I don’t think anyone really liked her very much, but whatever, at least Andrew did.

“Hey, Andrew, I need your help.” He looked at me and then looked at Sadie. “Oh my god take a break from her for two seconds and distract Tyler.  I need to figure out what’s in his notebook.  I think he’s hiding something.” I said nearly pleading.  He rolled his eyes but did as I asked.

“Hey Tyler, come get food with me.” Andrew said throwing his plate on the ground.  Wow smooth, but it worked to get Tyler away for at least five minutes.

As soon as he left I went to his bag and took out his notebook.

I opened it.

It was parts of poems.

All the poems we were reading in English, but it was only parts of them.  I read them through and to be honest, had no idea what it meant.

“Knowing something so good got away;

trying to figure out

if there is something I could say.”

“You brag to your friends you won’t mind death only dying

what a liar you are--

all the other fears, of rejection, of physical pain,

of losing your mind of losing your eyes.”

“And once again run from my thoughts.

I am a prisoner of life.

Contaminated by this strife.

With Death hanging by my side

Black tears were all I cried.”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” I looked up to see Tyler standing above me.  He looked like he was about to burst.

“I-I’m sorry, but you’re so secretive. I wanted to know what you were hiding.”

“I WAS HIDING IT FOR A REASON YOU BITCH!! DON’T COME NEAR ME AGAIN!” I looked at him with tears in my eyes, “please” I whispered back, “I thought I could trust you.” He said as he walked off in the opposite direction.

Tyler’s POV:

I couldn’t believe she did that!

I ran out of the school crying.

How could I get so emotional about this, this is ridiculous.

I looked down at my scar stained arm and decided it wasn’t worth it.

Nothing Was Worth It.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I hope the chapters are getting more interesting!

I am so sorry i couldn’t update yesterday!

I hope you like this chapter!!

Tell me what you think!!

woo my story is #344 on teen fiction ahaha

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT SO WE CAN GET IT UP HIGHER!!

love you guys <3

~Alexa