2. Checkers?

"Hu-

*combination of opening noises*

Whats happening now????

Decim walked away from the counter as the walls slowly opened up behind him. There was a lot of fog it made while it opened so at first, you didn't really get a clear view of what was on the other side. You could still see the green board though. Then when everything got clearer, you nearly choked.

...

Well this is terrific.

I had a good life, god.

Behind those walls there were a bunch of...

BODIES. There were bodies EVERYWHERE. , Literally a turnt up family reunion that completely gave up on life 5 seconds later.

There was some dangling from the ceiling, the walls, and HUNDREDS on the floor.

Your body was petrified. You couldn't talk right. You literally sat there in awe with your mouth almost touching the ground.

"Ar-are th-those bod-"

"All that I can say to you is that we would like you to stake your lives and play the game."

You then started shaking in fear. Wanting to go any place but this one. You started praying which you rarely did unless you got crazy scared or really worried about something.

What is this man's deal? Should I play? Oh, and why is that lady not caring about what's going on?!

"If I could have you press this button, the roulette will start, and the game will be chosen."

Decim then took out a large red button from behind him and placed it on the counter between you two. You started glancing at the lady to see if she was going to press it, but there was no physical contact between you two so you had to do it. You thought a little while of what might happen, but eventually those thoughts went blank and you pressed the button very quick with your jittery hands in fear.

Once you pressed the button, the nine squares on the green board started flickering from one to the other. Until eventually, the flickering stopped on one square. The square flipped over and said "Checkers."

"Checkers?"

*RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE*

All of the sudden the room got really loud and very shaky and there was a big explosion to your left. You screamed and almost flew out of your seat. The whole thing lasted about two minutes until you came face to face with a checkers table that came out of the ground.

You fixed your hair, sitting up in your seat. Everything was just too much.

"The rules are simple. You both start with 12 pieces. The object of the game is to capture all of your opponent's checkers or block them so that your opponent won't have anymore moves."

Decim then walks over to the chess board. He picks up one of the checkers and flips it over. On the other side it has some part of the body on it.

"If you happen to take one of the opponent's checkers, the opponent will start to feel a painful sensation depending on the body part it has. If you take 3 checkers in a row or more, they feel the pain in 3 different places the checker reads."

I am not looking forward to this.

I am screwed.

You continued doubting yourself until you remember all the motivational movies you've ever seen then you were like,

NO. I AM (Y/N) AND I WILL BEAT THAT TERRIFYING LADY AND WALK OUT THOSE DOORS WITHOUT A SINGLE STING.

Wow. That was uplifting.

You realized you dashed out of your chair quite unexpectedly and returned back with shyness since you just realized the bartender was literally staring
at you the whole time as he quickly looked off to the side.

I probably scare him anyways.

Anyways you sat back down. (I'm literally done talking about the lady like fOrGeT hEr I'm A wOkStAr(*☻-☻*))

"Very well then, let's begin the game."

Hiiiii there you're probably all mad like "Author of this book what's ur probs dude doing another chapter a month later..." uhhhh idk. I draw a lot. This book's for fun. BUT THATS NO EXCUSE. (See what I did there lolololol) I WONT GIVE UP I DO BEST TO FINISH THIS BOOK AND NOT LET MY READERS DOWN. BOOM motivational. Again guys if you were like "Whoa I freaking loved this." Then you should totally vote. ;P Oh and  I PROMISE YOU SHALL SEE ROMANCE SOONER OR LATER MY HUNGRY CHILDREN. K bye now.