Spideypool

"Peter, where the hell are you?" I hissed into the phone. "This is the third time you've been late these past two weeks!"

  "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just got caught up in... things, okay? I'll be there soon," Peter's nervous voice replied, before he hung up. I rolled my eyes and put my phone in my bag.

"You're lucky you're my friend, Peter fucking Parker," I said when I saw him running towards me in a sweat.

"I'm aware," he panted in reply. I smirked before turning to the pool and jumping in. I surfaced and caught a glimpse of something in his bag.

"Nice Spideyfreak mask," I teased, and a flash of fear crossed his face. "Don't worry, Parker. I'm not gonna expose you for being Spiderman or something unrealistic and stupid like that. Nobody would believe me,"

He rolled his eyes and quickly took off his shirt, before jumping in. To say I wasn't remotely impressed with his upper body muscle would be a lie. For an "adorkable" kid like him, it was definitely more impressive than it would be for a jock. But I'm really impressed because all we usually do is eat pizza and watch Star Wars.

I went underwater and stayed there, cross legged with my arms lifted above me and my cheeks puffed out. I opened my eyes and looked up, seeing Peter looking at me weirdly, but chuckling. I surfaced and smirked. "Like what you see, Parker?" I joked. He opened his mouth to reply, but then my phone rang. I hopped out and dried my hands, before answering the phone. "Yes, Mom?"

"Oh, thank god," she sighed in relief. "There was a shooting not too far away from your father's house, and I was worried you were hurt, Jess,"

"Well, I'm fine. I'm with Peter right now, so if I could—"

"At least Spiderman showed up and stopped it,"

"I'll be sure to congratulate Spiderfreak if I see him on a casual stroll, now can I go before Peter gets bored and gets pizza without me?"

"Are you on a date?"

"No, I am not on a date. I just want to go back with my friend—"

"Fine, I'll let you go. Love you,"

"Yup,"

I tossed my phone in my bag again and groaned. "My mother is way too overprotective, especially for someone who lives halfway across the country," I mumbled, before jumping in again. I accidentally landed on Peter, and I laughed, almost choking on water. He pushed me off and we surfaced, laughing.

There was thunder nearby, so I said, "We should probably get out, just in case a bolt of lightning hits the pool. I don't know about you, but I value my life,"

We got out and dried off, before heading into my house. We ordered pizza and put on Star Wars as I flipped through my Instagram feed. There was Spideypool fan art that I giggled at, before double tapping.

"What's that?" Peter questioned, peering over my shoulder at the fan art.

I gaped at him. "You don't know what Spideypool is?" I exclaimed. He shook his head, looking a bit nervous to find out. Haha, too bad, Parker! "It's the beautiful ship between Spiderman and Deadpool! Man, for someone who had a Stark Internship, I would've figured you knew about ships like these,"