"You're no man! You have a baby voice!"

I snuck out the night we got home.

I was wearing a mask I painted as a child and a sweater, hood up to cover my face. I was on a hunt for the friendly, neighbourhood Spiderman.

He was the only way I could get answers.

I tried to make myself look sketchy, looking around before walking into an empty alleyway. As I had hoped, Spiderfreak dropped in front of me.

"What are you doing?" He demanded, and at the sound of his voice I burst into laughter.

"You're no man! You have a baby voice!" I wheezed.

"I asked you a question," he said. "What are you—"

"Oh, I was only acting sketchy because I was looking for you," I shrugged. "You see, I was bitten by a radioactive spider on a school trip, and then I proceeded to accidentally break furniture. So, my question is, we're you bitten by a radioactive spider? Is that why you're the spider part of Spiderman?"

He tensed. "How did you—"

"Just curious," I shrugged. "The spider was red and blue, so I thought, Hey, that's Spiderfreak,"

He sighed. "Well... yes. I was bitten, and that's why I'm Spiderman,"

I grinned. "Cool. Could I be your sidekick?"

He took a step back. "I don't do sidekicks," he said.

I shrugged. "Okay, can you be my sidekick, then?" He shook his head and I pouted. "It's one or the other, and if you don't decide, I will,"

"Why do you even want to be a sidekick?"

"Because I hate the crime around here as much as you do. And catching bad guys would be a lot easier with two minds. I also don't see you as very smart,"

"Excuse me?"

I smirked. "That's right. I just insulted your manliness. Now, can I?"

He shook his head. "No. That'll put you in danger,"

"Alright. I'll meet you here tomorrow, here, same time, but I'll look more presentable. Then we can do whatever it is you do," I shrugged. "See ya," I waved, running out of the alley.

"I just said— oh, never mind,"

___________________

  I woke up the next morning and got out my manly sewing kit and began my manly sewing skills. I say manly because, it's obvious I'll be the manlier one in this. I had red and blue fabric, and I've made clothes before(during the few times I've actually been with my mother after the divorce. She forced me to learn how and help her design clothes, who knew it would come in handy?). Now, it wasn't all cool and robotic-ey like Spiderman's, but maybe in the future he could whip it up for me, or whoever made it could. I was finished just in time to pull on my bathing suit and head out to the pool.

  And, Peter was half an hour late.

"Peter, I get that your crush just moved away-oh, hey Spiderman,"

"That's... not a normal reaction I get often,"

"Oh, sorry. Let me redo that. Oh my gosh, Spiderfreak! I'm gonna faint!"

I rolled my eyes at him and stated, "I don't remember inviting Spidey for a swim,"

"Oh, yeah. Uh, Peter sent me to say that he's, uh, gonna be a bit late," he shrugged. I nodded.

"Alright. I figured, considering he's already half an hour late. Now, if that's the only ready who you're here, begone!" I shooed him away. "Begone from my home! Hey, how'd you even find out where I live?"

"Uh, Peter," he said unconvincingly, before turning around, shooting a web and nyooming away.

____________