Chapter 2: Club Crashers (part 1)

"Get out," I said to the familiar pink-haired woman I punched in the face a few years ago. "get out. Now."

     "Really?" She asked with a scoff. "I break out of a holding cell made by your assassin friend, and spend about 2 years trying to find you, and you push me away?"

     "Yes," I responded as I crossed my arms. "So get out. Shoo, scoot, I don't need nor want you here."

     "What's with the rude attitude? Didn't your mother ever teach you to show a lady some manners?" I punched her again and closed the door. I saw her a moment later as she seemed to just appear in my room. "That's just plain rude!"

     "So is teleporting into someone's room when they say no! And when did you learn to teleport!" I shouted as I waved the smoke that she brought in away. "Why did you even come looking for me, huh? You want a round 2?"

     "No, that is not why I came looking for you!" She responded, sounding like I just offended her.  "I came here to find out more about you, study you in a sense."

     "Right, like that's not stalker-ish or creepy. " I rolled my eyes at her response and moved back to the desk. "Look, I'm wrapped up in something that I really need to figure out, so that means I can't have any distractions from--" I got interrupted by sudden gunfire near my room and I groaned as I looked out the window.  "Now what???" I saw a group of cars racing off and I shook my head. "Saved by the bell I guess." I jumped out of the window and I landed on one of the car hoods as they raced forward.

     "What the hell?!?!" The driver shouted as he started to swerve. "Get this dumbass off my hood!" He shouted and his friends aimed their guns at me.

     "Right, I'm gonna give you to the count of three to drop your guns and pull ov--" I felt a bullet hit my shoulder and I looked at where blood started to drip. I looked back at the guy who shot me with a more aggravated look. "Never mind I guess. I'll stop it myself." I pushed myself off the car and landed in front of it, then pushed my shoulder in front. The car tried to stop, but they were too close and they crashed into me. I didn't move an inch as I looked at the passengers. "Out of the car now, before I break you all into pieces." I saw cars swerve past and I grabbed the last one by the back bumper. The tires skid on the street pavement, but it didn't move as I pulled car out of shape slightly.

     "He's got a hold of the car!" One of them shouted and they began to open fire on me. The bullets hit my hips and arms, but I held my grip. "What does it take to get rid of this guy?!?!"

     "You're just pissing me off now!" I shouted back and I shifted one of my arms into a massive fist. I held the car with one arm and I launched my fist like a mallet into the back of the car, and I let go at the last second. The car flipped backwards as it propelled forward at such a high speed. It landed on one of the final cars and the two crashed and landed sideways. There were two cars left and I raced after them. My wounds began to slowly heal and bullets dripped from my body, but I had no way of catching up, so I climbed up to the rooftops. I looked all around for them and I thought I saw them pull up to some kind of club.

     I climbed down and walked to the club and the sun slowly set down. "Charata's" was the name plastered on the front in flashy neon lights. I walked to the front door, but the bouncer stopped me out front.

     "Back of the line, hotshot. Or do I gotta throw you back there?" He asked and I looked at him. I would have gone ballistic on him, but the lady in pink stopped both of us.

     "Easy, hun. He's with me," She said and the bouncer moved out of the way. "not every problem is solved with violence." She looked at me as we both walked in and I said nothing. "Right, I forgot. You're the infamous Jace X, you don't do civil solutions."

     "Takes too long to get anything done. It's better to beat the answers out of someone when questions are asked," I told her as I went over to the bar. I looked around for anyone suspicious looking, but everyone in that damn club looked it. Everyone was some kind of asshole or sleeze, all these single minded, fresh out of college or high school dropout idiots, throwing their lives out to have a good time at a club. I saw four guys who stood out walk towards the back, so I slowly followed them. Amaya followed me as she stuck by me through the club. The music playing thumped through the whole club as the two of us moved to the back.

     "Alright, the boss wants this job done quick and clean. No killing, we're just here to send a message," One of the guys said as I overheard them from behind some crates and equipment. "Anyone gets hit by a bullet, the whole thing is aborted. And the boss doesn't like missions going south.

     "Interesting," I said out loud as I left my hiding place. "And who exactly is this boss you work for? I'd love to meet him." All four of them aimed their guns at me.

     "Shit, it's this guy," One of them said. "Did the boss say anything about if this guy showed up?"

     "Yeah," Another said as he raised his gun up. "He said bring him in alive." They looked at Amaya. "Didn't say anything about her, though." They began to open fire with the music still blaring and Amaya and I jumped out of the way of the fire. I grabbed a crate of vinyl records and just launched it at them. One of them blasted it with their bullets, but the records fragments hit them in their bodies.

     "That's your own fault." I knocked them out and watched the other three run towards the front, Everyone began to run out of the club and one of the guys opened fire into my direction.  As I ran towards the bar,  Amaya picked up the thug and did something to him, then she dropped his body and went to hide. Glasses were being shattered as I ducked under the bar stand and I grabbed one of the nozzles for alcohol and stood up, then sprayed it into the guy's eyes when he got close enough. He screamed and I turned him around, wrapping the nozzle wire around his neck. "Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up." I knocked the back of his head against the counter and knocked him out cold. I pulled the nozzle away from him and sprayed some of the alcohol into my mouth. "Yep, still no buzz."

     There were still two guys let and one actually threw a freaking grenade at me. I grabbed it and threw it back after waiting a few seconds and he fell from the second floor where he was taking cover. He flew from his cover from the blast and he landed on his arm on the dance floor. The final guy dropped his gun and tried to run to the back and I chased after him.

     "Not so fast!" I shouted as I grabbed him and held him by his shirt. "Who is your boss?" I asked him.

     "I'm not talking! He'll kill me if I do!" He shouted as he grabbed my hand to tried and pull me off.

     "Either he kills you, or I kill you. What's it gonna be?" I asked him and he thought a moment.

     "Okay... okay! I'll tell you. My boss, he's--" Before he could talk, a blade similar to mine went through his chest. The tip of the blade was just in front of my face and blood dripped to the floor, blood coming from his mouth dripped onto my hand. I let him go and the blade pulled back, the man's body dropping to the floor.

     "Pleasure to meet you again," Project X said to me as he stabbed my shoulder. I stumbled back and he pushed me to the wall. "Shame you had to break my men. But I'll live without them. So I'll give you a choice, Jace X. Either leave Draken City behind, or I will kill you the next time I see you." He left and I held my shoulder. I saw Amaya come over and she knelt beside me as I hunched over.

     "That's looks worse than the gunshots you got earlier," She said as she grabbed a towel to push against my wound.

     "You don't say?" I asked sarcastically through the pain. I slowly stood up and sighed. "Doesn't feel like it'll heal quickly. But who in the hell is Project X...?" I asked myself quietly. I walked with Amaya through the back door and we were followed by two of the thugs that tried to kill us.

     "They won't hurt us," Amaya said. "They work for me now. That IS my power after all." She shrugged. "Come on, help Jace back home. We have to get him cleaned up soon." The four of us all went back to where I was staying and I felt the wound slowly and painfully heal.