Chapter 3: Club Crashers (part 2)

"Son of a bitch..." I said as I held my shoulder. It had been a few days since I was stabbed, but the pain was still there. Amaya had decided to stay in the room next to mine, so I wasn't getting rid of her anytime soon. I moved over to where I had every name written down and I looked at the names.

     I sighed and crossed of a few that were completely wrong, then looked at the names left. It was a few short names that led nowhere and the worst feeling was seeing my answers slipping away.  As I leaned back, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders, a soft touch and I seemed to relax a little. I felt somewhat at peace in that moment and I could remember a time where I wasn't haunted by my past. I sighed as I felt the soft touch on my shoulders massage me and relax my muscles. 

     "Relaxed now?" I heard a voice ask and I looked up, seeing Dawn. I closed my eyes and nodded, then looked back. Dawn had disappeared and what replaced by Amaya. At the sudden realization, I jumped up and stood right on my feet.

     "Okay, timeout!" I shouted as I knocked the chair to the side in my sudden movement. 

     "What??" She asked as she looked at me, confused. "You were stressed out, I could feel it in the other room. So I came out to see if I could help calm you down a bit."

     "Okay, when you say it like that, it's even more uncomfortable," I told her as I leaned against the wall.

     "Well if you let me finish--" She came closer to put her hand on my shoulder again, but I pushed her hand to the wall and knocked her away.

     "Just... New rule." I told her as I looked at her, our faces close to each other. "No physical contact of that sorts, alright? I like to be untouched." I let her go and went to sit the chair upright again.

     "No wonder you're so stressed," She said as she scoffed. "All that pent up tension and anger is gonna break your back if you're not careful." She left the room and I sat back down. I dropped my head into my hand and groaned, feeling the stress pile back onto my shoulders.

     After a few hours of looking through the names, only one came up for anything: Antonio Ramirez. Seemed like he was a ghost, underground and almost impossible to track down. I managed to find his name under the lease for the club Amaya and I hit the other night, but that was all I could find of his besides a picture of him. I looked at his picture and I scratched my chin. "If it was his club we hit, then that means he heard about what happened. Either he'll be pissed enough to come out, or scared enough to stay hidden. 

     "I've seen his face," I heard Amaya say as she had leaned into the room slightly. I looked at her and arched a brow. "You talk to yourself a lot. But I've seen his face through the guys I took. I'm sure I could find a way to find him." She walked into the room and she focused on the name. I had no clue what she was doing, but she suddenly snapped her fingers. "I know what to do to bring him out," She declared and I arched a brow as I looked at her.

     "Okay then, explain it," I told her as I leaned back in my chair to look at her.

     "It's simple. So far, the club is still open and he hasn't shut it down after we hit it a few days ago. All we do is go back, this time instead of trying to start a fight, we go up to his private room upstairs."

     "And how do you know he has a private room above the club?" I asked her and she just rolled her eyes.

     "Have you ever been to a club?" Amaya asked me. "All club owners have a private room above it. Plus, men like Antonio are easy to predict. Older man, load of money, always eyeing the younger ladies dancing in his club and more than willing to drop them a couple hundred to get him off." She began to fix her hair into a pink ponytail. "So I get under his good wing, he lets me up, I let you in, we find out what he knows, and I walk away with some extra spending money." That last statement made me give her a look. She turned to see me and she scoffed. "Oh come on, it's not like we're drilling a hole in his safe and stealing thousands from him. He'll willingly give me the cash if he thinks I'm gonna--"