Energia!

CHAPTER 27: ENERGIA!

Theatre was nothing strange to Luhan, in particular musical theatres and operating theatres. Once scouted by a government agent, he was given a chance to perform to the King—in the Majesty's own theatre—a song entitled 'Falling In Love With The Future You'. The performance was splendid, but after violent calls for decapitation, Luhan quickly left the room—with a head still attached to his neck. Rumour has it that a curious Science student (who quitted to serve a greater cause, said he) by the name of Zhang Yixing loved that song. So, Luhan's head wasn't off. The identity of the mysterious fan remained unknown. As for operating theatres, let's not speak of that, shall we? An operating theatre is no fun when you were the show and your audience paid too much attention.

The noisy atmosphere of the hallway reminded Luhan of theatres: the scream, the shout, the glitz and the glamour. Glitz or blitz? Only Kris's thunder crashed down to the floor, burning several cards in the process. Thunder? Luhan started to miss Professor Chen. Sniff.

Luhan had never experienced a battle first-hand. When he'd experienced it, he didn't even have to lay a hand. Using the power of his mind, he'd sent the cards crashing into one another and get ripped to shreds in the process. It was fun! Why hadn't the scientists told him that earlier? This is better than the incisions—

In this battle, however, the Resistance had a better advantage over the card-soldiers. The Resistance were experienced enough to be hardened by battle. They had anticipated what kind of attack will the soldiers use and they had fully understood the soldiers' nature. Everything went out smoothly. If summarised, things went roughly like this:

-Foe CardSoldier1 charged forward.

-Kris used THUNDER!

-Foe CardSoldier1 was burned.

Or:

-Foe CardSoldier2 charged forward.

-Foe CardSoldier2 used MACE-SMITE!

-Kris used ROLL LIKE A BUFFALO!

-It's not very effective...

-Luhan used TELEKINESIS!

-Foe CardSoldier2 fainted.

Or:

-Foe CardSoldier3 charged forward.

-Baekhyun used REST!

-Baekhyun went to sleep.

-Kai used FRUSTRATION!

-It doesn't have any effect on Baekhyun...

-Kris used FLY!

-Foe CardSoldier3 fainted.

With a string of victories like this, who wouldn't be confident? Fate seemed to be on their side. Experience shall prevail! Any coming cards were successfully destroyed.

To the Resistance, it was certain that this battle was for them to conquer... if the heavens will it, because the underground will not.

"Mwo?" The King of Hearts tossed the written reports to the floor. Fire was burning in his orbs. The secretary Sandara hurried to pick up the papers, arranged them neatly, and stacked them back on the conference table. The stenographer Taemin fumbled around under the table to help her. Colonel Key stared down helplessly. The King clasped his hands together tightly across his chest. "Our card-soldiers are never out of stock! This is impossible! Is it my bad luck to govern an incompetent state?" he ranted.

Colonel Key crossed his legs. "No. You had lessened Wonderland's expenditure on the military. Since the Minister of Internal Affairs proclaimed that the Resistance of Shuffling Decks was annihilated, you had reduced our budget on armaments and loosen the security measures right away. Go figure." he complained.