Zayn

Hey. It's me. Zayn malik.
Almost 20 years old.

I'd like to start my story with the name of man for whom i had been head over heels for years.

Liam payne.

I remember the first summer break we spent together in 6th grade. The memories we shared and the games we played. He shifted next door only that year and we became friends. Then he joined my school. He'd been nerdy student since starting. But if you get the thing, he could be nerd, sporty, singer at the same time. Like an all rounder.

There my story starts.

We became friends and then best friends. We used to do everything together. From playing to bathing. I mean in childhood okay?

And time passed by quickly but swiftly when our bond grew stronger than ever. Just like every other friendship, we too had some misunderstanding to face. But I'm glad we made it. Till here. Till now.

I guess i was 18 when i first confessed my feelings to him. And surprisingly he felt the same. It was the momentous time i ever had. The day after his 18th birthday.

I remember our first kiss under that tree we used to sit and talk about life. That darkest night held all the memories. Those twinkling stars made his face look so beautiful. And that day i realized whom i wanted till the end. It was him. Only him. My liam.

It's been almost 11 months and 28 day since we're together. Oops he doesn't know or you can say he doesn't remember.

He got into car accident 3 months back and lost his memory for short term. Doctors said that he will recover in 2-3 months but now time is going over the deadlines. He can't remember a single thing. And you know the saddest part? He doesn't even know who i am. That only breaks my heart into million pieces. He forgot an only guy who loved him to the death.

It gives my heart an ache to bethink. The flashback of an adventures and unforgettable moments with him made me feel like dying at the moment.

The day he faced an accident and came to consciousness, i felt like my life is back. But the time he denied to recognize me, my heart stopped for a second, taking in the situation. I still have the faded memories of that night while i cried my heart out. The man i loved simply stated he didn't know me at all. Every fucking thing we did together, every fucking kiss we shared, every fucking time he said he loved me, nostalgia killed a part of me. But i was grateful that he came out alive after horrible accident. but tell me how it feels when the only person you loved stay alive with you and refused to know you.

For me, life had become the living hell since liam faced that accident. Every single day i wake up with a ray of hope. Maybe he remember everything today. Maybe he tell me he loves me out of nowhere. Maybe he comes and hug me saying "Idiot, i love you. Why didn't you tell me the reality?" And I'd have hugged him even tighter saying sorrys and ilys. But my maybes never came to life. And i hate this the most.

And today is 28 August.
I'm heading back to his house just to chill out with him. He texted me up he was bored and he wanted to decide some things for his birthday which is tomorrow. And i have made a gift for him. Hoping after reading it he would remember at least a lost bond between us. This is my last hope. If its crush down like daily hopes, i swear as hell am not gonna live anymore.

I stepped inside his house which was next door obviously. Her mum greeted me with all the love. She knew how much trouble it had been for me.

I forgot to tell ya, we started over as a friend after an accident. He still sees me as a good and normal friend. Imagine how hard it could be for me to stop my urge to kiss him on the moment or just hug him tight when he needed the love. It was such a difficult part for me to play on. But i did it anyway. Cause anything for my love.