Reason 01

For that first day when you offered me your hand.

(Zayn's pov)
Age- 12 y/o

It was cloudy day. Sky had been parted in two colors. Blue and black clouds. Felt like anytime soon it would rain. I was passing through the garden and my gaze fell on little puppy stuck in dirt hole.

If you ask me, I'm the type of person who loved dogs more than humans. I used to have an average sized bull dog at my place.

I couldn't see that dog suffering and trying to get his leg out of the dirt. So i just made my way inside the park and jumped on to the rock near there. Small cute puppy was startled by my entry out of the blue. I didn't mean to scare him or hurt him.

"Hey.. Sh.. I'm here to help you." I whispered silently and he cooled down letting me do whatever i want to. I didn't know he understood my language but he might got the point of me helping him. So he stopped moving and i got closer to him.

His leg was stuck in puddle. I placed my hands around his tiny leg and one hand to push the puddle away. It started raining in addition to this. Puppy started wiggling as big fat rain drops hit his little body.

Somehow i managed to get his leg out of the mud and he quickly ran away finding the safest place for himself. I was all wet cause of rain and mud stains on my white tee shirt. But i didn't care at all. It felt happy to help him.

As i stood myself on my feet, suddenly someone pushed me forward and i landed on dirty floor. My bum hurted a bit and my right hand got scratched cause of pointy rock. I winced in pain. And turned back to see who did that.

2 kids almost my age stood there laughing on my current situation. I felt nothing but ashamed. And tears started welling up in my eyes. Vision got blurry and i hid my face in my palms not to show how i cried.

And after few seconds laughing voice disappeared and i looked up wiping my tears. There was a lad holding out his hand for me to take. I was scared if he belonged to those laughing kids. first i hesitated to take but then he insisted and made me believe he was nice one.

He helped me getting up and we both ran towards the woods behind the garden. Where rain couldn't disturb us.

"Wh-Why did you help me?" I asked as we walked inside the woods which were quite familiar to me since i lived here from childhood.

"I guess this is what people do when they see someone in trouble!" He stated simply.

"But those kids were laughing. They pushed me towards it." i shrugged.

"My mum says not everyone in this world is good. But you should start being good if you want other people to be good. Just start it with yourself and eventually they'll change themselves." He smiled at me. His brown eyes stared back into mine as i stopped walking just to comprehend how good he can be.

"That's cool." i smiled so did he.

"I don't know the way out of here. And why did we run in woods?" He asked looking around.

"Um. I don't know even." i replied and we laughed at our silliness.

"But don't worry. i know the way out of here." I said and he grinned.

"Well I'm Liam." he spoke up after we walk a bit as i guided him.

"I'm Zayn. you're new here?" I asked as i didn't see him around ever before.

"Yeah we just moved in here yesterday. The first street behind the garden." He said as he pushed the rock with his feet.

"Is that you? My new neighbor?" My eyes lit up as he nodded in Yes.

"Whoa that's cool."

We walked and walked until we reach at my place. I mean the one i admire inside the woods. One big rock laying across the biggest tree I've ever seen in there. There were tree branches falling out on which i used to swing. then i got swing buddy. If only he is not scared of this.

"Hereeeee." I introduced him the place and his mouth left agape.

"It's huge." He commented. That rock was huge actually. The space was For both of us to sleep on it and still have a room for one more people. It was my favorite place out of the world.

"Its my place. I named it. Wanna hear? But don't laugh okay?"

"Aha what is it? I promise i won't laugh."

"It's Zee's House." I grinned sheepishly and he smiled too.

His smile was contagious. I could get addicted to it and never complain.

"Its cute name. Why would i laugh duh." He hit my head playfully as i gave him my hand to climb on the rock using mini rocks trail. We jumped and jumped and finally landed there.

"Its so nice. So calm. How did you find this place zayn." Liam spoke up as we laid flat on our back.

"Randomly. I'll tell you secret when we become best friends." i said and he nodded.

We laid there till sun went down and stars enveloped the sky. We talked about anything and everything which normal friends does when they meet first.

I thanked him one more time before we got up and made our ways to our houses. I was lucky enough to have him next door.

Who knew i would meet someone who will quickly become my close mate?

~~~