12 • Hide out

Holy heck you guys never cease to amaze me. 1.1K reads and over 100 votes. Thank you so so much, just last chapter I was astonished at receiving 800 reads and now I'm oVER A THOUSAND. I'm actually kind of emotional this really means a lot to me.

Okay enough sappy stuff here's the story.

-

The two were sat in the last stall of the bathroom, Scott cradling Mitch while he sat on his lap, the brunette's face buried in the crook of his boyfriend's neck. The salty tears dampened Scott's skin, but he could care less. He was focusing on making sure Mitch knew he was safe. He'd whisper softly to him, "you're okay, I've got you."

He ran his fingers through the boy's silky, chocolate brown hair, this seemed to help a lot with calming him down. His sobs practically stoped almost immediately and he leaned into the touch. This fascinated Scott, causing him to smile softly.

"Never thought you'd be one to like having your hair played with, but this is really cute, you're like a kitten," Scott giggled and a small smile formed on Mitch's face.

He wasn't emotionally stable enough to talk, he wasn't quite sure he was even ready to let Scott hear his voice yet besides a whisper. He was too relaxed to grab his notepad or his phone, so he could only nod and keep enjoying the feeling while it lasted. The blond was happy to keep it up, too. He thought Mitch had fallen asleep after a few minutes, but a soft nudge disproved his theory and the boy opened his eyes to meet Scott's.

Those beautiful, crystal blue eyes. He adored them. If he could take the time to stare into them and memorize every line and detail, he'd draw them and paint them a thousand times. Everyone always said to fall in love with someone's eyes because they never change, and damn, he had found a good pair of eyes to fall in love with.

Wait, love?

Hold on there Mitch, he thought to himself. It's been a day, calm down with the love idea.

"Do you wanna talk about lunch? I won't force you, I never would want to, but I just want to know you're okay." Scott asked softly.

The brunette grabbed his notepad and began writing. It took him quite a while and almost a full two pages to explain what he wanted to explain.

Jeremy and I have never really gotten along. He hated me with a passion my freshman year, and then he did something really bad. I've never looked at him the same way since. I wanted to toss him out of my life like the piece of trash he is but then he started dating Kirstie. Sometimes I think he's only with her to get closer to me, torture me more than he already has. I'm scared. I'm petrified of what he would do to me if I was ever alone with him. I was so nervous at the lunch table because I thought he'd try and ask me to go with him somewhere, my mind couldn't block out the flashbacks and everything was fuzzy. But then you put your arm around me and suddenly I was on Earth again, you were like... an anchor. When he left I wasn't expecting anyone to care about me, I'm not used to it. Our friends are awesome but they never noticed me whenever Jeremy came by. So I was doing my best to hold it together but you were there to help me. To that I can only say thank you, I didn't know I needed you until now.

Scott sat speechless for a moment, staring between the paper and the boy still curled up in his lap. He sighed and set the pad of paper down, using both of his arms to hold Mitch tightly against him.

"I'm still new to the relationship thing in general, but I hope you know that this means a lot to me. I want to be able to be there for you whenever you need me. You can always come to me, okay? I might be dealing with shit too, but we can deal with it together. I know, that's so cliche but ser-"