//Chapter 14\\

"Travelled all these miles just to get back home."

Gerard's POV:

Frank had woken up some hours ago and we were curled up together on the lonely couch in the middle of my sitting room. I was pushed into the left corner of it with Frank sitting on top of me, head rested in the left crook of my neck.

Mikey and Ray had come in earlier to talk to him. Really, it was their goodbyes. But nobody was gonna be heartless enough to just say outright to him. "Sorry you're gonna die real soon, we'll miss you."

No, in fact...it was far more emotional. See, Mikey and Ray really, honestly, truly loved him like a Brother. They were heartbroken to be losing their sibling. And had to hold eachother up as they walked out, powerless to help Frank.

---

"I'll take of them, you know that right?? As if they were my own. I'll clean em', buy em' new strings, play them everyday. Hell, I'll even sleep with em' if need be." Ray chuckled lowly and lightheartedly, referring, of course, to Frank's guitars. "I love you man, you know that. Even when I made that beef stew, poured my heart and soul into it. And you had the nerve to turn around and tell me you're a vegetarian." He laughed again, but more broken this time, more, 'if I don't laugh I'll cry.' "If I ever have kids man, then I promise, I will name one of them after you. Boy or girl, doesn't matter. Because you're that important. You're important to me and you'll always be a part of my life, I promise Frank."

---

"Look, I know Gerard got the shots and all, but, I've grown so very entirely attached to your cat. And I did promise you myself I would take of him. So, in a way, Gerard kinda got those shots for nothing because, I'm still gonna take care of Fun Ghoul myself." Mikey sniffled, holding back tears as he held Fun Ghoul close.
"Yeah, he reminds me of you. The dark aura would suggest a cruel personality. But he's a big softy on the inside. And you are too, don't deny it. And you're strong. Stronger than anyone I've ever met. You know, I wish I could be like you sometimes. A lot of the time, actually. You keep everyone happy, even if you're a little down yourself, and you're selfless, kind, brave, you got a great sense of humour and, really, more than anything, you became a better person from all of this. Just because you care. And I wanna be a good person like you Frank. I don't care if you're younger than me, I look up to you. And I'll always look up to you. I love you, okay?? You're my Brother Frank, you always will be."

---

"Can you sing for me??" Frank asked softly.

"What??"

"You promised. You said you would sing for me one day. And if you don't do it now..."

"It's okay Frankie. I will. I'll sing for you. What do you want me to sing??"

"Something...that means something to you. Anything at all as long as it's important to your own heart."

"Okay..."

---

"We hold in our hearts the sword and the faith.
Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith.
Well after all, we'll lie another day.
And through it all, we'll find some other way.
To carry on through cartilage and fluid.
And did you come to stare or wash away the blood??

Well tonight, well tonight.
Will it ever come??
Spend the rest of your days rocking out.
Just for the dead.
Well tonight.
Will it ever come??
I can see you awake anytime, in my head.

Did we all fall down??
From the lights to the pavement.
From the van to the floor.
From backstage to the doctor.
From the Earth to the morgue, morgue, morgue, morgue!!

Well tonight.
Will it ever come??
Spend the rest of your days rocking out.
Just for the dead.
Well tonight.
Will it ever come??
I can see you awake anytime in my head.

All fall down.
Well after all..."

---

"Gerard??" Frank whimpered with what little, terrified strength he had left.

I looked down at him, our eyes locking. The least I could do at this point was let him know that I was and will always be here for him.

"What's wrong Frank??"

"Do you love me??"

"Of course I do!! I've loved you since the day I laid eyes on you and as each day has gone by I've only fallen deeper and deeper in love with you. You're my everything Frank. Cheesy as it sounds, it's true. I don't care where I end up or what may happen to me as long as I have you."

With that I kissed him softly. Slow and passionate. Filled with everything I may not get to give him very soon. Lust. Promise. Love. I didn't dare to tell him but I know in my slowly shattering heart that it could be our last kiss.

Too soon I pulled away and smiled down at him, trying my hardest to stop the tears from falling. Frank turned slightly and closed his eyes, pushing his nose on my chest right where my heart would be. I looked up and just stared ahead at the wall, desperately trying to choke by my sobs and steady my shaking body. My trembling hands held Frank close, one wrapped around his fragile body, the other resting, tangled in his shabby clumps of hair. I don't want to lose him. God fucking knows I don't. But I have to stay strong for him. If it's all I can do, I'll be strong for him.

"Gee??..."

"Yeah Frankie??"

...

...

...

...

...

...

"I'm scared."