4

Taehyung fiddled with his uneven hair and grips on the knife tightly.

He slowly brings the knife to his neck and starts to style his hair. As if the knife was a part of his body, he swiftly cuts his hair into a nice coconut shape(?).

He dusts off the long strand of hairs off his bed onto the floor, leaving it for the janitor to clean it. Then he noticed a bird that's by his window flying freely with its wings. The chirping and the humming that the bird was giving, instantly put Taehyung to his comfort.

"Oh, how I wish I could just grab you right now and break off your wings and you can be here with me forever, just to sing to me every day."

The bird, sensing the danger immediately flies away from the cell.

The light from the cell window shines onto Taehyung's face and he squints his eyes from the brightness. He looks at the sunlight and ponders what's he going to sing today. It was his daily routine, to sing in the early morning. No one was complaining though, his voice is indeed beautiful, even Yoongi couldn't deny it.

It's not that I believe it

But that I want to try holding out

Because this is all that I can do

I want to remain

I want to dream more

Even so, what I'm saying is

That it's time to leave

He starts off, catching everyone's attention as they all came out of the bed and grab their bars, wanting to listen to more of the beautiful voice.

Jungkook's ear perks up from the sudden melody he hears, he's only been in this prison for three days, oblivious to what's happening.

Yeah it's my truth

It's my truth

I will be covered with wounds all over

But it's my fate

It's my fate

Still, I want to struggle and fight

He stands up and walks towards the last cell, knowing it was Taehyung who was singing this whole time. Just like the first time they met, Jungkook couldn't stop himself and walk.

Maybe I, I can never fly

I can't fly like the flower petals over there

Or as though I have wings

Maybe I, I can't touch the sky

Still, I want to stretch my hand out

I want to run, just a bit more

He stares at Taehyung, his eyes travel to whatever Taehyung was looking at, the window that illuminates the lights onto Taehyung's face.

"Do you want to leave?" Jungkook questions.

Taehyung turns to face Jungkook, tilting his head sideways and rest it on the wall, "If I do, do you want to come with me?"

Jungkook gulps down the saliva stuck in his throat, he had a feeling Taehyung was testing him and expecting a quality answer or else he would just throw him away like garbage.

"I...."

(Almost)

(Just a bit more)

"I-I can't choose."

Satisfy with the answer, Taehyung hum in reply, "Hey, Officer, lemme tell you something."

He gets up from his bed and moves closer to Jungkook and his forehead leaning on the bars, "Did you know, many murderers experience stressful events during their childhood. But I think I was already not stable the moment I learn to think," he chuckles.

Jungkook narrows his eyes, " And...?"

"Officer, let's play a game. I know you favor me. So.....why don't we play a game?" Taehyung asks.

"What game?"

Taehyung grins,"you just have to catch me and my heart and you will win."