Chapter 59: Cotton Candy

Chapter song: Slow Hands - Niall Horan, mostly for the second half <3

Brett

I took the keys out of the engine and faced Becca. Her wide eyes were stuck on the building in front of us, confusion written all over her face. As her eyes roamed over the building, mine roamed over her. I glanced at the backseat and I wanted her laying down on the leather as my fingers touched more than just her legs.

Running a hand through my hair, I got out of the car. I breathed in the cool air as I walked to the passenger side and held the door open for Becca. She smiled shyly as she exited, adjusting her shorts as her eyes averted from mine. I chuckled to myself and grabbed her hand.

"Where are we?" She asked, her hair blowing around her face as the wind picked up.

"Home," I told her simply as I lead her to the entrance doors.

I took out the key I picked up this morning and opened the doors, holding it open as Becca walked through. Her eyes took in the triple elevators, white walls, crystal chandeliers and thick carpeted floors.

Truthfully, none of that shit mattered to me. I was just happy to have somewhere to call my own.

She walked into the foyer in front of me and ran a hand along the wall, her head tilting side to side as she inspected the apartment complex. I had the strange desire to grab her hand and twirl her around on the carpeted floor as she laughed gleefully like we were in an old Hollywood movie.

"This is beautiful." I snapped my attention back to Becca. Her eyes were open wide as she drank in every detail. Standing there in my baggy jersey and her little shorts, hair falling down her shoulders ...

"You're beautiful," I corrected, taking her hand in mine as I lead her to the elevators. The doors opened as soon as I pressed the button. "After you." Becca smiled as she walked into the elevator in front of me.

"Floor?" She asked, her finger hovering over the dozens of buttons.

"Seventeen." Her finger pressed the button and then she walked to me. I sighed as she wrapped her arms around my waist and pressed her face to my chest.

I tried to command my heart to calm the fuck down but it seemed to have a mind of its own whenever Becca was present. I was shaking with anticipation and nerves. Having hyped tonight up, I was worried it would fall flat.

She remained silent as the elevator brought us to the seventeenth floor. I knew the curiosity was killing her, but a surprise was a surprise.

The elevator doors opened and I led her down the hallway to my room. She still hadn't said a single word -- she just watched my every move as her eyes took in her new surroundings.

I opened the door and stepped into the dark room as I flicked on the light switch. Becca gasped as the lights turned on, putting the spacious room on full display. The narrow hallway led into a kitchen that stretched into a living room with a large couch, a table and a TV with a doorway on the right that led to a single bedroom. The entire far wall was glass, leading out into a balcony with a view of the city.

Becca walked slowly into the room as I trailed behind her, leaning against the counter as she walked to the glass wall. I smiled as she pressed her body against it, staring out at the dark blue sky.

Slowly, she turned around and faced me, her eyes reflecting the stars. "You moved out?" She asked as her gaze continued to roam around the room.