Chapter 1

Corie

"You dumb slut, Yo mama should have aborted you!"

Screamed a drunk Joesph as he threw kicks and punches towards my body and face.

"Why did you go out when I told you not to ?"

"I don't know ! I'm sorry !"

He continued to punch and kick me as blood dripped from my nose and mouth.

After 10 minutes of the cruel and painful words and hits he threw at me, Joseph finally left me alone.

Alone to cry, weep and contemplate about how my life took this drastic turn.

You see, my mother had gotten remarried after the death of my father.

My father had gotten shot because he was a wanted man in this neighborhood.

I've always looked up to my mother when my father was alive because she was the most beautiful and intelligent woman you would ever meet.

But all that changed when she picked up that needle.

She gave up her whole life for some drugs.

Something that kills you and make you feel crazy.

My father died 5 years ago, that same night my mother decided to turn to drugs.

She didn't come out of her room for weeks.

She started being hateful towards me.

In all of my 18 years of living I never thought that the woman that gave me life, and once told me that she loved me, and that she would never let anyone harm me would be that way towards me.

She had gotten worse 3 years ago when she met my "stepfather"

Jospeh

Joseph Goodwin, the man who turned my life upside- down.
In the beginning of their relationship it was sweet.

Then it turned bitter after a year of marriage.

He started beating us. I remember the first night he beat me.

I was 14 years old. He had came into my room and told me that my mama had left for work.

I was like okay and continued on with what I was doing.

All of a sudden he grabbed me by my neck and started choking me and telling me weird things like "you growing up real nice" and "I should leave yo mama for yo fine ass"

Then he threw me on my bed started kissing on my neck and chest.

I screamed to the top of my lungs for him to stop and he didn't stop, instead he slapped me and told me to shut up before he kills me.

So I did just that.

He quickly took my clothes off and leaving me in nothing but my bra and underwear.

I pleaded and cried for him to stop, to stop touching me but he just kept going while staring down at me with lust filled eyes.

I just laid there and cried for what felt like forever until he finally got off me and left like nothing happened.

That night when my mom came home I told her what happened and she said I was lying and that she hated me for making up lies about something so serious.

That same night was the night I started hating her.

After that little flashback, I got up and picked out some pajamas and took a shower.

After my shower I set my alarm on my IPhone 7 plus for 9:30.

I didn't fall asleep right away because I was crying and thinking about how my life could be differ if I wasn't here.

I stayed up for 15 more minutes then finally drifted off the sleep leaving my face with dried up tear stains on my cheeks.