Chapter 4

Corie

When I left out Walmart, I drove straight to my best friend's house.

All the way there my mind kept drifting back to August. He was so cute. I wonder why he took the time to talk to me, when he probably could have talked to any other gorgeous girl in the store.

30 minutes later..

I finally arrived at my best friend's house.

I knocked on the door doing my signature beat so that she would know that this was me.

After 5 minutes of beating on the door she finally opened the door.

"Bitch, why tf you here?" She laughed while mugging me.

"Hello to you to Jilly." I said smiling. "You gone let me in ?"

"I kinda got company upstairs" she said smirking.

"Oh my bad for cockblocking hoe

"Nah you good but imma call you tonight or tomorrow okay?" She said.

"Okay love you best." I said

"Love you too boo" she said back while closing the door.

I laughed to myself as I walked back to my car.

Jilly doesn't know about the abuse I've been through even though she is my best friend. I never told her because I was always nervous to. She would notice the bruises on me and question them but I would always have some type of excuse to persuade her that nothing serious was going on.

We've been best friends since kindergarten and I love her like my sister.

I know I need to tell her what's been happing to me for the past few years.

That will be later but soon.

At home..

I got out my car and walked to the steps to meet the delivery people that were bringing all my things to my house.

"Hello Miss. Rayvon we need you to unlock your door so that we can start moving your things in. The tall darkskin man said to me.

 The tall darkskin man said to me