The Perfect Mate

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, or Magnus Chase, Rick Riordan does

A couple hundred years later

Location: Pompeii

Current situation: watching a volcano erupt

Current form: Wolf

Percy's POV:

Over the past couple hundred years, I have struck up one of the best friendships with Loki, the Norse god of Trickery. So, a few years after we met, I invited him over to my place to meet Selene and Helios. To say that they were surprised that my friend was from a different pantheon would be an understatement. Additionally, the god and goddesses of Olympus have figured that I have long since faded due to my inactivity. But they kept true to their word and didn't even give a minor god my domains which I was happy about. I was knocked out of my thoughts by Loki nudging my snout. I look at him and he rolls his eyes before he motions down to the town that was currently in a large panic.

"Looks like someone is trying to save their bloodline." Loki says as he points to a man trying to run away from the town and to the docks that have long since burned "Should we do something?"

The reason we were in Pompeii was pretty simple, Selene wanted us to see if there was anyone that could be saved. If they were being cowards and just stayed in their houses and waited for death, then they were not worth saving, but if they tried to do something then we should save them. This man was holding a little girl in his arms and he did everything he could to protect the girl.

'Yeah let's go' I say mentally to Loki and he puts on his Ram helmet before he flashes down there and begins to lead the guy to a safer location

I leap down the mountain and run like a cold breeze trying to freeze every molecule in the world. Whenever my paws touched the lava of the Volcano it cooled immediately into a black rock. I continued to leap down the mountain, until I reached the town that was currently in chaos, people were burning alive, praying, curling into a ball and crying. I passed one Lady who was trying to escape the lava but she had injured her leg and was trying to crawl away. I stopped in front of her and faced the oncoming lava and let out a loud howl that created a wind so cold it instantly cooled the lava. The lady climbed onto my back and I kept moving toward the direction Loki was leading the man and child. The lady held onto my fur like it was the only thing keeping her from the lava. Soon, I found Loki with the man and child out of town and on a hill high enough to where the lava couldn't travel to us. I laid down and the woman got off.

"Sir, who is this?" the man said to Loki and Loki laughed

"This is my friend" Loki said and I sat down as he took his helmet off

'We saved you two because you didn't sit back and resign yourself to death. So, do what you wish with this information, but for now we have to go' I said to the two mentally and they both looked around in shock causing Loki to laugh

"Don't worry, that happens often" Loki says and the two adults nod

"Will we ever see you again?" The man asks and Loki shrugs

"I guess it depends on my friend here, but he is right. We do need to go, tonight is game night and we don't want to be late" Loki said much to the confusion of the two but before either of them could ask what we meant, Loki flashed off and I disappeared into a cold breeze and we reappeared at the top of the Volcano and sat back down and watched the rest of the town burn while the two adults and little girl made their way away from the Volcano

We stayed there for a few more days just watching the city burn when a godly presence appeared behind us. It wasn't strong like an Olympians but it was definitely of the Greco-Roman Pantheons. I turned around to see a woman looking perplexed to see a man in weird looking armor that had Green on it, and a pure black wolf with ice blue eyes sitting at the top of an erupting volcano.