Chapter 1

Author's Notes:

This fic is actually gonna feature some Sollux POV, something that Highkey Dodgy didnt have, because this fic is going to be mainly about them working through their issues - both of them. So that means we get to see Sol!

CG: SO ARE YOU AND THE SHARK FUCKER DATING YET? SPARE ME THE MUSHY DETAILS, A FUCKING YES OR NO WILL SUFFICE.
TA: aww you dont want mu2hy detaiil2? but ii had 2o many two tell you!
TA: could iit be that the great karkat vanta2 ii2... jealou2?
CG: WHAT?? OF COURSE I'M NOT JEALOUS, SHITDICK, DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU MAYBE I'M JUST LOOKING OUT FOR MY FUCKING FRIENDS?
TA: admiit iit kk
TA: youre totally jealou2 ii get two be wiith that 2weet bod
TA: or maybe iits ed youre jealou2 of
TA: gettiing that captor actiion
CG: OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!
CG: IM NOT JEALOUS OF EITHER OF YOU!
CG: CAN YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL? I'VE JUST BEEN FORCED TO LISTEN TO YOU RAMBLING ABOUT HOW HES ACTUALLY CUTE FOR THE PAST WEEK AND NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER YOU FINALLY GREW THE BALLS TO OFFICIALLY ASK HIM OUT!
TA: alriight fiine
TA: were not offiiciially datiing yet okay
TA: were gonna liike
TA: ju2t 2ee how iit goe2
TA: and work from there
CG: THERE, SEE? THAT WASN'T SO HARD!
CG: JUST A WARNING
CG: AMPORA KNOWS FUCK ALL ABOUT ANYTHING THANKS TO HIS SHITTY PARENTS SO HES PROBABLY GOING TO BE AN OBLIVIOUS FUCKER MOST OF THE TIME
TA: waiit you know about hii2 parent2
CG: I KNOW THEYRE TERRIBLE AT TEACHING HIM ABOUT SHIT
CG: BECAUSE OF HOW FUCKING IGNORANT HE IS
CG: WHY
CG: DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING I DONT
TA: well there2 the 2mall ii22ue of them beiing phy2iically and verbally abu2iive fuck2
CG: UNSURPRISING
CG: YOU THINK WE SHOULD DO ANYTHING?
TA: fuck ii dont know
TA: maybe we 2hould conviince ed two do 2omethiing
CG: YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF THAT
CG: IM BEING BUGGED BY STRIDER
CG: SEE YOU LATER AND JUNK
TA: later2
carcinoGeneticist [CG] ceased trolling twinArmageddons [TA]

Sol tossed his phone aside and grabbed a can of Red Bull instead, downing half the thing in one, before humming under his breath and returning to work on his coding, despite his hands aching from almost twelve hours of solid work. It was Sunday, two days after his stargazing almost-date with Eridan, and he still hadn't fully got over the fuzzy feeling in his stomach that he definitely wasn't used to. It irritated him to no end, but he was used to being irritated to no end at this point.

A blanket was thrown over his head as he worked, his favourite red on one side, blue on the other blanket, and he hardly noticed how dark it had gotten thanks to how absorbed he was in his work.

His fingers skated effortlessly over the keys but something kept going wrong, and it was only after he corrected the thirteenth doubled w or v in just fifteen minutes that he realised the conversation he had with KK had infused his thoughts once again with nothing but ED.

This was stupid. It wasn't like Sollux Captor to pine over boys. It wasn't like Sollux Captor to pine over anybody. Sollux Captor was efficient, was mathematical, was calculating and thought of things in binary and code, and Sollux Captor never messed up his codes. He didn't even use his usual typing style of doubled Is and twos instead of s when he was coding. Sollux Captor didnt mess up his code for anybody.

But apparently, for Eridan Ampora he did. And he knew it was ridiculous to deny it, because he might have only known the douchebag for less than a week, but he'd probably do anything for Eridan Ampora.

Alright, that might be pushing it a little. He was probably just tired, and KK had reminded him of the fuzziness in his stomach that he was definitely not used to, and with a grumble he scrubbed at his eyes with his hoodie sleeve and slammed his laptop shut. He wasn't gonna be able to focus on coding today, that was for sure. Shame. He was really looking forward to convincing KK to open his latest virus. It was always fucking hilarious to read his best friends rants when he inevitably gave in and opened the viruses, only to be met with uncloseable porn tabs, or all his icons replaced with Sollux's face smirking at him, or whatever other creative idea Sollux had, until Sol finally stopped being amused and sent him the solution.