Need Me

Sabina

"never skip me because I might be the climax in your life"

-

"Chance do you think Xander is cheating on me?"

I asked my little brother who was laid across my couch watching television.

" Do you think the sky is blue? Better yet, is water wet?" He answered with a sarcastic remark which I should be used to by now.

Chance has always been very blunt and abrupt. Especially since I've been with Xander, he doesn't even try to hide his disdain for my boyfriend.

"Chance." I said seriously

"What? I've told you plenty of times that I don't like that nigga and he seems shady as hell but you chose to stay with him." Chance shrugged his shoulders while getting off the couch to go to the kitchen.

A few minutes later Chance came back in with a sandwich and a whole new bag of chips.

" So you didn't think that I-" my sentence was cut short when I heard the door being unlocked.

" Bina I swear to god if you gave that nigga a key to my apartment I'm-".
Chance never finished his sentence because he saw that it was Dre that walked in and not Xander.

"CHANOOOOO!" Dre and Chance ran up to each other and hugged. It's been a while since they've seen each other --with Chance being a new dad--so he's always with his fiancée and Dre's overseas with his basketball team. I'm assuming he came back today.

" What's good my nigga? You living good overseas?" Chance nudged him on the shoulder.

"Yeah man. I been doing my thing out there y'know? Wassup with you, I heard you got engaged. My lil man moving up I see" Dre pulled him in and messed with his hat.
Chance his hat back down.

" Yeah, I love her so I just thought why not."

" that's good to hear bro I'm proud of you"

Dre pat Chance on his back. Smiling at him like a proud dad.

Every since we were in high school, Chance and Dre had a close relationship. Being the youngest boy, Chance attached himself to Dre like a leech when he came around. Without a doubt I love their bond but damn I would like for my best friend to notice me.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. They both looked at me like I interrupted something.

"Oh hey! Yeah remember me!? Your best friend? Did I ruin this little bromance?" I pointed between the both of them.

Chance smirked and Dre started laughing.

"Uhm... what's funny?" I said with curiously

" After all these years, you still get jealous when I pay more attention to your brother."

I rolled my eyes at Dre. He's not lying but I'm not going to admit it.

" you're being dramatic."

Dre walked up to me, picking me up from the couch so my legs were around his waist. We hugged each other tightly. It's been at least seven months since we've seen each other in person. Face timing and Skyping doesn't always do it for us.

Sometimes, I just need my best friend here with me.

Before he left we had a huge argument. Every time we get into it it's always the same topic.

Xander.

Dre always tells me how I could do better or how I should know that I deserve much more than Xander and sometimes I just don't want to here that constantly.

I know I might deserve better but I've been with Xander since my sophomore year in college. So why would I give that up?

" I missed you baby girl." Dre kissed me on my forehead

" I missed you too." I smiled back.

" I almost kicked ya ass when you came in cause I thought you was bumbass Xander." Chance interrupted.

" You funny. He got a key to the apartment?" Dre looked at me seriously.

I shook my head .

" Oh ight." Dre and Chance answered at the same time.

" imma head outta here, let y'all have some lil' best friend time." he got off the couch putting on his jacket and hat.  He hugged Dre again then kissed me on the cheek before walking out.

" Now it's time for us" Dre said before laying himself on my couch.

I missed this.