Mission

"You see the mission here is to maintain the friendship we currently have "

Dre💪🏾❤️: You busy today?

- : Xander is suppose to be coming over. Why?

Dre💪🏾❤️: forget it then 😒 have fun

-: We could chill later. A movie night?😊

Dre💪🏾❤️: Nah, Imma go chill with ya brother.

Dre's been acting weird and a bit standoffish since he came back home.

When we had our movie night, it just like old times and we were just chilling but then Xander texted me. Right before Dre left, Xander and I broke up. We had a whole ass unnecessary argument about how Dre and I spend too much time together and how he think that I'm cheating on him.

I guess Xander saw my instagram post about Dre being home and he got upset. He started telling me yet again about how he felt about Dre. It was like a never ending cycle with us.

Xander👅😍: open the door.

-: You could've knocked like a normal person

Xander👅😍: 🙄🤔

I walked to the front door and unlocked it to let Xander in. He went to kiss me but I turned my face so he'd catch my cheek.

Xander pulled back and scrunched up his face in confusion.

" What's good with you? "

" You came over here to talk right? So talk."

" I just wanted to know if you was fucking Dre." He answered nonchalantly, I was a bit taken aback by it but I should be used to it by now.

" Why the fuck!? Unlike you, I actually mean it when I tell you I'm all about you."

Xan sucked his teeth " Man listen... what am supposed to think? I seen that shit on Instagram and when you not with me imma assume you all over that nigga."

" Are you dumb? Dre and I haven't spoken to each other in almost eight months. I stopped speaking to him over you. For you to get upset about that is fucking dumb." I turned and waved at him dismissively. He always does this. I always wondered why he can't trust me, if I wanted to not be with him or cheat with Dre don't you think I would have done it by now? But no, I stayed loyal even when he does me wrong.

Sometimes, I get upset with myself because deep down I know the stuff Dre tells me is true. He's my bestfriend. Dre doesn't have any reason to lie to me and he never has, even when I wish he would.

I get defensive when it comes to Xander and I's relationship because I don't like when people call out the obvious flaws in our relationship. It should be up to me if I want to stay, not anyone else.

" Man, whatever. Call me when you get to acting right."

" Get out." I slowly shut the door to my bedroom as Xander left my house.

A few minutes after Xan left I called Dre but he didn't pick up my call. He's probably annoyed with me for blowing him off.

Dre

"You goofy as hell for that"

Chance laughed at me as he watched me Ignore Sabina's FaceTime call.

"Nigga, no I'm not. How you wanna bet her and Xan got into it and now she calling me cause she lonely."

" Okay?... what's wrong with that!? You're her bestfriend, that's kinda in your job description."

" Man... you and I both know I wanna be more than just that girl's bestfriend. I'm not bout' to play second fiddle to some SoundCloud rapper" I grunted.

" and a basketball player slash Tumblr poet is any better" Chano kept laughing at me like this the funniest shit he ever heard.

" Man, fuck you. Don't you got a baby to take care of?" I asked.

" Nope. She with her mama " Chance smirked.

" Well get out anyways, you not helping me and I'm finna go see what's up with ya sister."

" You soft as hell." Chance mumbled as he got up off my couch.

I pulled out my phone and texted Sabina, telling her that I'll be at her house in fifteen minutes.

When Sabina and I graduated from college, we both decided we wanted to stay in the city. we still wanted to be near our family and it would easier to transition in the city. Sabina graduated from NYU and I went to FordhamU on a Basketball and Science scholarship. Now we both live in the Bronx just about fifteen minutes from each other. She decided to live with both of her brothers Chance and Dro to make it easier to pay for rent and shit.

Last year around Christmas time, Dro got caught up with some niggas he used to have beef with, he got shot and killed like two blocks from they mother's house.

I know that was really hard on Sabina because she was real close to Dro. Ever since her and her twin brother Donny were younger-- before Chance was born -- they all were inseparable. We didn't go anywhere unless it was all four of us, but that all changed when Dro got to high school. He started hanging with the wrong people and he started selling drugs. Soon all the shit he did in the past caught up with him.

Sometimes, I think the reason that Bina stays with Xander is because he reminds her of Dro, which I can't even lie and say he doesn't. Before Xan stared acting like a dickhead; he actually was cool to be around. I know for a fact that's the only reason she's keeping him around.

I got my keys out of my back pocket and opened the door to Bina's apartment.

" Bina!" I yelled to the back of the house.

" I'm in Dro's room!" she yelled back.

I walked through the apartment and entered the last door on the left.

I walked through the bedroom door and saw Sabina sitting in the middle of the room, on the floor.

A few weeks after Dro's death, Sabina's parents came and emptied out Dro's room. They put most of his stuff in the attic.

" Why you in here Bina? "

" Xan and I got into another argument, he thinks I slept you with"

I raised my eyebrows in confusion but she didn't see.

" I thought about the argument Donny and Dro had before he died, so I came in here to think."

I walked over to Sabina and engulfed her in a hug.

" Bina, I know you miss him but you can't come in here every time. It's not healthy"

" I know, it's just sometimes I miss him so much and he can't come back. I can't talk to him like how I used to and I fucking hate it."

How did you like this?

Vote and don't forget to comment🌹❤️

Love Siblings in MM